Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know the supplier for the field points that Ravin includes with their packages? Looked at Saunders and Allen, and their bullet points are not quite the same. Each of those have a bit of a shoulder to them...not as rounded.

I know it seems trivial, but these points have proven to be easier to pull out of targets than all the others I have...and I have a lot. Maybe it's the exact geometry or the texture. Not sure. But I'd defintely like to get a whole box of these!

Metal Shadow Insect

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Tophat ?
Easton ?
Other companies distribute field points as well, e.g. Bearpaw, Skylon, Cross-X, but I don't know if they actually produce them. Not even sure about Easton.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
The picture in Post #! are bullet points. They will not penetrate a target
as deep but they are much harder on the target cover.

Fat Belly points are similar but are a wee bit larger than the arrow shaft
but taper back to the size of the arrow shaft. They produce similar results
with less penetration but harder on the target cover. Arrow shafts with the
Fat Belly points are easier to remove due to them being slightly larger in
diameter than the arrow shaft.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
I had some fat belly bullet points before and thought they pulled out even harder than regular bullets. Seems like the hole closed down behind the point and the larger diameter had more resistance coming out.

The best bullet points I’ve found are the straight walled stainless steel bullet points from SSAS and I’ve gotten 12 packs that didn’t vary more than .1 grain within the bunch.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
since i was getting finicky with my arrow building.. I opted for the match grade stainless steel 125 gr. with o ring. no more fieldpoints backing out
Gesture Font Body jewelry Jewellery Event

1 - 6 of 6 Posts