Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the grips are small. But I noticed that the grip on my R29X is hollow. It dose have some support bracing in it. But also noticed that there is a little room in there too. I've also noticed some of the other crossbow manufacturers utilize that space for a storage like on some pistol grip rifles, with a cap or henged plate to store a spare string or cables, or such. I wonder why Ravin has not done this on this bow? Do any of the other Ravin models have storage built into the handle?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I know the grips are small. But I noticed that the grip on my R29X is hollow. It dose have some support bracing in it. But also noticed that there is a little room in there too. I've also noticed some of the other crossbow manufacturers utilize that space for a storage like on some pistol grip rifles, with a cap or henged plate to store a spare string or cables, or such. I wonder why Ravin has not done this on this bow? Do any of the other Ravin models have storage built into the handle?
Texas Grown,
The short answer is No.
I highly recommend folks who own any Ravin crossbow own a tackle box where they keep essentials like a spare set of strings, nocks, wax, the Ravin nock tool, etc. Who knows, maybe even some of my accessories.:)
Of course, they also need that little Ravin press as well.
Some folks say they don't want a Ravin because they have to buy or find a shop that has that press.
I say congrats to Ravin for thinking out of the box once again by designing a very compact, simple and effective press that can even be stored under your truck seat. After owning Ravins for 4 years now, I can't imagine any other device more practical for pressing a crossbow.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bigbird1, I need to get a bigger, or rather a different tackle box for the Ravin. The one I have has about 30 years of stuff in it.

I do like the press. Got one when I ordered the bow.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Bigbird1, I need to get a bigger, or rather a different tackle box for the Ravin. The one I have has about 30 years of stuff in it.

I do like the press. Got one when I ordered the bow.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk
Another thing to note about the Ravin press.
I hear folks say that it's difficult to adjust the bottom cables. For Lord's sake, set the press on something high that raises it up so you can easily get your hands under the cams. I have 2 - 4x4 blocks that always go with my press. I usually can find a Kleenex box or something else to rest the stock on after I've placed the 4x4 blocks under each end of the press. This makes it so much easier to change out cables and string when it's time to do so.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Eventually I'll have to build a press or buy the Ravin press if I hang onto the 26. For right now I'll use the Last Chance EZ press. Besides I hate to have to remove everything just to press the bow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts