Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking to buy an R10 from local dealer and after researching here it sounds like the Ravins for 2020 got new strings. Called Ravin and they said the only way to tell if its a 2020 if it came with 6 bolts.
Since it was not in a box I had no way to tell or not, just curious if anyone knows how to tell if its a 2019 with older strings or a new 2020?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ravin HAS to be able to tell by the serial number for warranty purposes I would imagine.
I thought the same thing.
When I spoke with them earlier they said they did not have the ability to correlate the serial number to date of manufacturing which seems odd, especially if they had to do a recall.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
When I spoke with them earlier they said they did not have the ability to correlate the serial number to date of manufacturing which seems odd, especially if they had to do a recall.
You might check with David Wilkins at Wyvern Creations. He's sold a Ton of Ravins. He might keep track of serial nos. with sales invoices which should also have a date associated with each sale.

·
Registered
377 Posts
That's very odd to me. Maybe you just got a clueless CSR? Try calling back and getting a different rep.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You might check with David Wilkins at Wyvern Creations. He's sold a Ton of Ravins. He might keep track of serial nos. with sales invoices which should also have a date associated with each sale.
Thanks, I will do that also.

·
Registered
395 Posts
it would be very silly to think Ravin could not track a bow by serial number. They are just not willing to de value tons of stock sitting in dealers.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
I have heard that the new strings for 2020 did not happen and it is still luck of the draw if you get a good set of strings or not. I do not remember who posted the post but they said they had called Ravin and were told the strings had not been changed at all.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
I know they track serial numbers because when I had to send mine back he asked for my serial # to verify the warranty! Whoever you talked to never got the memo......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts