Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to see if either of these sight mounts can be used by a left- handed crossbow shooter or if anyone that shoots left handed has used either of these products.

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
I’ve had a Ravin Jack Plate and don’t see a reason why it won’t work for a lefty.

I’ve never had a Optimizer but seems like you’d have to use your right hand that holds the fore stock to adjust it. You should be able to use your left thumb to adjust the the Jack Plate while maintaining balance with your right hand imo.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
One of my daughters is a lefty and hated looking to the right with the HHA but had no prob with jackppate

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tpcollins & Rit
Thanks. Thats what I was thinking on the optimizer, I would have to change with right hand, not how I would want to do it. Want minimal movement. Is the backplate worth it? I shoot a Scorpyd Aculeous 150 and Nemesis 140. What single dot scopes would you recommend?

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
It depends if you prefer a ffp or 2nd fp scope and if you require illuminated reticle. I use one that is around$2700 and another is under $300 off of a 175 Aculeus and a 460 Aculeus. My daughter uses a Vortex Diamondback that is not illuminated. You need good eyes for a ffp or you need to crank the power up narrowing the field of view.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts