Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased the Ravin R-20. I wondered if I should purchase a level for it? I used to use a parker and never had a need for it, but this is definitely more capable of longer shots, so I thought I'd ask around.
Thanks!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Even short range shots, like 10 yards, before I had a method of checking I would miss my mark due to cant. I'm the kind of person who needs to eliminate possibilty of error so I got one from bigbird, limb-bracket mounted so you can see it when aiming with both eyes open. The ravin ones are in front of the scope, not sure how easy it is to check from aiming posture. There are also scope levels and rail levels, but if you're planning on getting any other bigbird accessories, which I highly recommend, get one from him.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Even short range shots, like 10 yards, before I had a method of checking I would miss my mark due to cant. I'm the kind of person who needs to eliminate possibilty of error so I got one from bigbird, limb-bracket mounted so you can see it when aiming with both eyes open. The ravin ones are in front of the scope, not sure how easy it is to check from aiming posture. There are also scope levels and rail levels, but if you're planning on getting any other bigbird accessories, which I highly recommend, get one from him.
Good to know. THat was one reason why I didn't order the ravin one--i heard you couldn't see it when you were going to shoot.
How do I contact/order one from BigBird?

·
Registered
10,304 Posts
I never used a level until I bought my R20. I use these and can see it while I am aiming.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I recently purchased the Ravin R-20. I wondered if I should purchase a level for it? I used to use a parker and never had a need for it, but this is definitely more capable of longer shots, so I thought I'd ask around.
Thanks!
Level will help you on longer shots for sure. And if you are shooting say on side of hill.
Small bow cant can yield a big I bit error at 60 plus yards. The farther you shoot the more critical it is to have bow level,

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's what mine looks like but there's lots of good bubble level options out there.
The reason I designed my own is I can see it clearly with my left eye as my right eye is centered in the scope.
Thanks Bigbird1. Is that something you make for others and I can purchase or would you recommend any specific level?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I never used a level until I bought my R20. I use these and can see it while I am aiming.
Looks pretty simple. Do you have a pic of what that looks like mounted on the rail?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Message bigbird for inquiries about his products, he makes really high quality stuff for sure. It all comes down to personal preference. I saw some pics of xbows with those rail levels on the forums not long ago, might want to poke around.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Thanks!
I love my bubble level and it made a huge difference in my long range shooting.
I bought 6 cheap ones on Amazon for less than 10 bucks. I glued one on me riser because I like that spot.
It helped me make this 115 yard bullseye hit recently.

20200816_181956.jpg

20200727_105513.jpg

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Levels are nice to have mounted. They dont add much weight and are very useful and they give you a bit more confidence. I shoot without one on my Vent 150 with no problems really. At least not enough to need one but I use a single dot reticle scope. I havent used hash mark's. I do have use levels on my 175 and 480 Aculeus. With hash mark's, the farther out you shoot if your not level the worse the outcome. Make sure your scope is mounted level with you crossbow or adding a level to your crossbow so you hold it level isnt going to help you at all. I plan on putting a level on my R26 just because it gives me a little more confidence.

·
Registered
10,304 Posts
Looks pretty simple. Do you have a pic of what that looks like mounted on the rail?
I took one for you. It is really not needed anymore as the new scope has one built in but it was already on the bow so I just left it on. It easily mounts to either side.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I took one for you. It is really not needed anymore as the new scope has one built in but it was already on the bow so I just left it on. It easily mounts to either side.
Thanks for the pic! I just ordered it from your link. Much appreciated!

·
Registered
10,304 Posts
When you mount it try to keep a finger pressing on the middle top section of the level while tightening the screw and make sure the point of the small piece you are tightening is positioned at the bottom. I used a level on my rail to make certain I had it leveled as I tightened mine down and it has not moved since. I have the 2nd one on my Scorpyd.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Bigbird1. Is that something you make for others and I can purchase or would you recommend any specific level?
Hey Bigbird1, i purchased the rail mounting level another member recommended, but it would not fit the ravin rail. I wondered if you have a custom one I can purchase or if you have something else you recommend? Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
I found that a level is more help the narrower a bow gets, seems you have even less to judge canting with these super narrow bows. But any bow will benefit from having more control over canting, and the farther out you shoot,, the more important it will be!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts