Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a lot of strong opinions on this subject but I wanted to repost something I've seen someone else post. If you do use the lighted nocks the below tool works better than I can describe, super easy to turn these off with this tool.
Hand tool Metalworking hand tool Font Tool Pliers

· Registered
18,889 Posts
My first try at shaking a Ravin lighted nock loose using a Danny Miller puller which is basically the same as the one show above I barely shook it and the damn nock broke in half. The other 2 split into several pieces in mid air after being shot a few times. Ravin lighted nocks are a joke and yet easily fixed if Ravin would allow the changes needed which they have refused to do. They give Lumenok a bad name when it is not Lumenok's fault.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My first try at shaking a Ravin lighted nock loose using a Danny Miller puller which is basically the same as the one show above I barely shook it and the damn nock broke in half. The other 2 split into several pieces in mid air after being shot a few times. Ravin lighted nocks are a joke and yet easily fixed if Ravin would allow the changes needed which they have refused to do. They give Lumenok a bad name when it is not Lumenok's fault.
I respect your opinion and personal experience just posting what works for me.

· Registered
2,774 Posts
I wasted hundreds on Ravin lighted nock. Complete garbage. . if they work for you then your a lucky man. And yes, I have tried every tool out there. Even made my own. After much back and forth I went with a Firenock. Not looking back.

· Registered
162 Posts
Even if you can get them to work I’m not sure how a nock stays quare if you’re constantly rocking it.
After blowing lighted nocks out of my ten point arrows numerous times I gave up on lighted nocks. They are great when everything works properly but spending money on something that works half the time is pointless.

· Registered
Ravin R10/Burris Oracle X/ R500 HawkeXB30 compact
151 Posts
I have not had any trouble with turning them off, nor have I experienced any issues with them bereaking or exploding. I do have one complaint though that is very frustrating and that is that I have had them not light up when shot and therefor defeating the purpose for shooting the lighted nock. I have not used other brands like Firenock.....I was under the beleif that the Ravin "Lumenok" was the only nock that fit in the Ravin Bolts. Do the Firenocks fit properly in the Ravin nock inserts? Also if they do what is the proper size as Im surev they make different sizes for differnt arrows.....

· Administrator
TP Nitro 505 x2,Stealth 450, Sub 1 XR,
2,786 Posts
They do not do not fit in Ravin bushings. they fit in .300 shaft you’re better off just building or buying custom arrows then removing the Bushing. You will end up with a better arrow in the end and not be risking ruining the ones you’re pulling the bushings out of. Firenocks are a far superior nock to the Ravin Lumenok. They also make one for the R500 which is the only lighted nock option for the R500.

· Registered
151 Posts
They do not do not fit in Ravin bushings. they fit in .300 shaft you’re better off just building or buying custom arrows then removing the Bushing. You will end up with a better arrow in the end and not be risking ruining the ones you’re pulling the bushings out of. Firenocks are a far superior nock to the Ravin Lumenok. They also make one for the R500 which is the only lighted nock option for the R500.
Very good explanation. Thank you for that information. This now raises the question in my mind of " can you use an arrow without a nock bushing on Ravin Xbows? Especially the R500? I was always told that an arrow without the nock bushing would not be safe to shoot from the Ravins.

· Registered
2,774 Posts
P
I wasted hundreds on Ravin lighted nock. Complete garbage. . if they work for you then your a lucky man. And yes, I have tried every tool out there. Even made my own.
out of the 500 I don't know, but I could tell you after about a hundred shots with the fire knock I'm having zero issues.

· Administrator
TP Nitro 505 x2,Stealth 450, Sub 1 XR,
2,786 Posts
Yes you can shoot them out of both. The bushing is basically how Ravin makes the nocks proprietary nothing else. I would use a Black eagle Zombie and The Firenock U + nock if your center serving measure .133 and the C+ if it measure .127 as Ravin made strings both ways. for the R10 the the U nock is most common on ravins. A zombie slayer shaft or Executioners will work fine in this bow.

· Registered
151 Posts
Yes you can shoot them out of both. The bushing is basically how Ravin makes the nocks proprietary nothing else. I would use a Black eagle Zombie and The Firenock U + nock if your center serving measure .133 and the C+ if it measure .127 as Ravin made strings both ways. for the R10 the the U nock is most common on ravins. A zombie slayer shaft or Executioners will work fine in this bow.
Thanks WWB

1 - 15 of 15 Posts