Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
13,733 Posts
Wouldn't ... surprise me given their history of screwing their customers.

·
13,733 Posts
Another possibility is Ravin recognized/recognizes the need to show a lower price with respect to the bows, not everyone has the cash right now to afford a "high end" machine, they sunk a lot of capital into the development of the R500 series and are not willing to let it slide as they have too much invested at the moment, and breaking up the one chunk into several smaller chunks may just attract more customers into the market share.
Six weeks?... what happens if you renege? Miss payments? Strikes me as almost being "predatory lending" to get you to pay for something you probably wouldn't buy. Seems to me if you can't afford to put it on your credit card and pay for it in 4.33 weeks, you're skating toward too much debt and more problems only getting a couple weeks more. It also feels to me to be a bad thing to buy discretionary toys on credit. I don't buy it if I don't have the money in the bank to pay the Cabelas card the second the bill comes in. Years back you used to play with the banks money for 30 days by paying your credit card bill at the last minute. Nowadays with the .01% interest they give you it doesn't pay not to pay the bill as soon as you get it.

·
13,733 Posts
I bought a whole heap of stuff in my life from bass pro and cabelas on the 6 pay plan. I would not have been able to afford it any other way. I am thankful it was available then as it helps people who truly want nice things and don’t have couple thousand just laying around to play with. I could pay alittle bit over awhile and get quality stuff I otherwise couldn’t have had. I’m thankful I don’t have to do that anymore but I am glad things like this are there for people who need it…
Thing is ... you have self-discipline and can handle using credit. Too many people buy ten things on credit until the payments outstrip their ability to pay. Then starts the "rob Peter to pay Paul" routine. Often doesn't end well.

·
13,733 Posts
I wanted ... a pair of Swarovski binoculars. I used the antiquated system of saving up over time THEN getting the binoculars. Rather than taking out a loan, getting the binoculars immediately and paying them off over time. Trouble with immediate gratification is sometimes "stuff happens" between the start & finish of buying a product. In the traditional system, if I have $1,800.00 under the mattress for my $2,500.00 binos and the refrigerator dies, I get a new refrigerator and start over. In the modern version you still owe $700.00 on the binos, plus another $1,800.00 to the refrigerator store. Those are the situations that can lead to bad credit reports and even what they call "repossession."...lol

·
13,733 Posts
Wow never thought I would see the day where you need to take out a loan to buy a crossbow....

Overpriced are we!! Lol
Yeah ... and whoever thought you'd see the day that they put water in a bottle, hype a market for it among the yuppie/woke crowd and sell it to you for more than the price of a beer or soda??? :rolleyes: My grandfather is rolling over in his grave laughing. If I need water it comes outta the tap. Sometimes it comes oudda da tap and into a quart Nalgene bottle or two. When I think of all the frightening water that's made it's way into my mouth...lol Swimming in stagnant creeks in summer pushing the rafts of green slime out of the way to reach open water? Diving in filthy rivers? Lakes, the ocean?🤢 Bottled water my arse!!!
Shoe Liver Working animal Hat Landscape

1 - 5 of 5 Posts