Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just a few words on the improvements I have attained from my stock and safety extension manufactured by bigbird1 (Bill) for my R15. Just adding an inch and a half to the stock brought out a comfortable fit and natural cheek alignment for easier scope/reticle acquisition. I would suggest this for anyone on the fence about getting a little more room in their shoulder placement.

Next is the safety extension, so much more refined and ergonomic from the company version. I had always found it a distraction to have to “find” the safety while aiming, but now this is much more comfortable and takes little or no effort to “find”.

Although these are not Ravin original add ons, I suggest them highly for a much more natural fit.

Safe and happy hunting to all!

·
894 Posts
bigbird1 (Bill) is my x-bow God! Although I don't have or need a stock or safety extension, his double served strings are great & improve accuracy. He has advised & walked me through numerous maintenance & repair items graciously and allowed this 80 yr. old to continue to enjoy my Ravin's.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
Bills work on Ravin's is like Jerry's work on arrows. My stock extension made a great difference. Maybe Ravin should consider this on their next model. Not everybody has the same lop.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bigbird1 (Bill) is my x-bow God! Although I don't have or need a stock or safety extension, his double served strings are great & improve accuracy. He has advised & walked me through numerous maintenance & repair items graciously and allowed this 80 yr. old to continue to enjoy my Ravin's.
Yes sir, I have the string in process also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How do I contact bigbird1? I don't use this application very often, but I am looking for the ravin shoulder stock extension.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
853 Posts
Welcome to the board.

Just send him a note on here, click on his monicker and then on “start a conversation”

His name is Bill....

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I guess good deeds can reap rewards.

Some of you might recall I volunteered to make Andy a stock extension for his R15 free of charge last year. As a wounded war veteran who has spent way too much time in a wheelchair, I felt that was the very least I could do to try and help him. I had already crafted a homemade one for myself but felt I could do much better if I could learn how to make one using a 3D printer. So I convinced my loving wife to allow me to purchase a 3D printer with the thought being that maybe I could make enough by selling additional stock extensions to pay off my initial investment.

Well, believe it or not, I've now made and sold enough of these stock extensions to pay for my 3D printer.
Here's a couple of pics. of 6 that I've sold recently to customers all of which have been referred to me by other customers.
Thanks Andy for providing the incentive for me to step out of my comfort zone. If you would prefer a newer version, feel free to ask and it's yours - again free of charge. My next challenge is to build a website this winter so I can attempt to widen my customer base. CBN has been very good to me and as a result, I want to aspire to be a sponsor over time.

Attachments

·
Registered
853 Posts
Bill:

So glad the printer paid for itself, you, and your selfishness reminds me of a Bible verse or two....

Titus 2:7-8
Show yourself in all respects to be a model of good works, and in your teaching show integrity, dignity, and sound speech that cannot be condemned, so that an opponent may be put to shame, having nothing evil to say about us.

Thanks so much for your friendship

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Thanks Andy. The greatest news I could ever receive from you is hearing that those new experimental spinal implants enable you to rise up out of that wheelchair for good. I continue to pray and truly believe that it will happen sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Adnick: Not only beautiful words; but very powerful!
Darby,
I agree completely but unfortunately, I haven't always been deserving of such kind words.
BTW, I love your avatar. Is that a Honda Trail 90? I had a neighbor who had a bright yellow Trail 90 when I was a kid and I was in love with that bike. It was so quiet but had those awesome knobby tires and was geared with that huge rear sprocket to climb hills really well. My wife and I were on vacation a few years ago and were rafting the snake river in Idaho. When we got out of the water, the land owner had a red Trail 125 near the shoreline. It brought back a lot of memories.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Bigbird, Yes it is a trail 90 a 1979 the last year honda imported the 90 to the USA i always wanted one as a youngster so i seen this one for sale in vermont and the next thing you know i was on my way to pick it up. IT is all original . it needed some mechanical work which i did myself and buffed out the paint etc. It is close to excellent but not showroom condition. where ever i go with it i get the same question; Is it for sale! i have been offered 2800.00 i couldn't believe the woman was serious; but she told me she also liked it back when she was young and her offer was cash! I took her number but i am not interested in selling it even if i only ride it on our property during the summer and fall. in low range its like a little goat climbing trails with ease. High range will get to about 45 mph on the highways.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Nicely done - looks like new. At of curiosity, I looked on eBay and someone is asking $4500 for a Trail 90. I don't blame you for wanting to hold onto it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just got my spacer from Bigbird1 today, for my R-20, and had it installed within 10 minutes. This is awesome! Everyone that has a LOP problem like I do, and has a Ravin, needs to contact Bigbird1 and order one. The fit was great, and the look after install is just as good. The installation instructions were very easy, and I can’t wait to take it out and shoot. You should sell your design to, or contract out to Ravin to make these things! This is something they should offer as an accessory. Good On You, William!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I just got my spacer from Bigbird1 today, for my R-20, and had it installed within 10 minutes. This is awesome! Everyone that has a LOP problem like I do, and has a Ravin, needs to contact Bigbird1 and order one. The fit was great, and the look after install is just as good. The installation instructions were very easy, and I can’t wait to take it out and shoot. You should sell your design to, or contract out to Ravin to make these things! This is something they should offer as an accessory. Good On You, William!
Mike, you are so very welcome.
FYI, I recently made a modification to my stock extension design that allows for a better recoil pad fit.
Most importantly, I finally don't have to drill a hole through the rubber pad - what a relief !!!
For any of you that have tried to drill through rubber, the desired outcome is not always obtained.
Unfortunately, the new installation is a little more complex.
Mike was the first customer to receive this modified design and I was worried he might have a problem with the installation. He had no problem at all and I couldn't possibly have chosen a better person to be my test customer.
Thanks again Mike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just in case anyone looks really close at my pic, and notices a little bit of misalighnment of the recoil pad. I spent a little time with my bench sander, and some “recoil pad fitment 101”,.... the look is like it could have come as a custom fit from Ravin. I would have had to spent many HOURS making in a spacer, that would have ended up looking this professionally fit. Once I get the shortened screws, and get it remounted, I will post a new pic.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts