Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having shot my new R10 about 25 times (and having let it sit cocked a few times for a total of about an hour) I wanted to shoot it over my chronograph to see how it performed speed wise. I was already impressed by it's accuracy, but to see it live up to the advertised speed claim was a comfort in this day and age! I'll periodically do this to see just how much speed degradation there is over time, but I don't expect much loss at all.
RavinChrnoFPSa.jpg

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
As far as I know. All Ravin models have exceed their advertised speeds. This is very good on Ravin. Can’t say this about the rest.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Coming from a Tenpoint Vapor470, I was stunned at the trigger and accuracy of the factory arrows. From customer complaints, Ravin needs to pair up with GAS and Aero or whoever is making the aftermarket parts and upgrade the bearings as well. Perfect platform needs perfect parts. and better QA. All of the manufacturers could learn a thing from statistical process control methods.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad to hear it, have you experienced much increase in ATA measurement or wear/separation to your string serving?

·
Registered
8 Posts
My ATA is actually about 1/16th under 10.5" and has not changed yet. I haven't hunted with it yet but I did leave it cocked once for about 5 hours to see if I would get any string stretch and got nothing. The nock point on my string does seem to show a little wear but no separation.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
About the same for me, seems as though the latest R10's are benefiting from an improvement in the OEM string/cable construction.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Just checked mine, it is 10 3/8 ATA. Has 12 shots on it and 6 hours cocked in stand. Basically new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
If by back dots you mean the dots closest to you when aiming you can get the timing almost dead on by taking a twist or two out of each cable (start with 1) which will move the dots forward towards the middle and slightly extend the ATA.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
What is the arrow weight?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is in time now, both cables are just touching/in front of the back timing dots on the cams. For once it seems I'm getting a break and this set of cables is equal from side to side (for now anyway). And the arrow weight is 400 grains, but I may try a 125 grain broadhead for better FOC.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
It is in time now, both cables are just touching/in front of the back timing dots on the cams. For once it seems I'm getting a break and this set of cables is equal from side to side (for now anyway). And the arrow weight is 400 grains, but I may try a 125 grain broadhead for better FOC.
400 grains is light. I know TP uses a 370 gr arrow to determine their speeds. Don't know many people using a 400 gr arrow to hunt with. Most are around 425-450. Nonetheless, at least Ravin provides the arrow that delivers the ad speed. TP sends you a much heavier arrow and leaves you guessing.

Reactions: BlueBolt
1 - 15 of 15 Posts