Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Hope your knee gets better. Did the handle slip out of your hand?

This type of failure is not common. I have heard of one other instance, but it was a misalignment of the strap somehow and was chewing up the strap. Never heard of one of having complete failure within the gears though. It is a mechanical device, so anything is possible.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I had an R9 that failed to lock on to the string once. It would catch it and then after a few cranks pop off. Turned out that it had a small weed seed caught in the sled jaws apparently. Mine was easily remedied by brushing it out with something, I don't remember exactly what I used. Definitely was not anything wrong with my bow other than the debris and it worked perfectly fine after that. I lost confidence in it and sold it after a few hundred more shots confirmed that it was a user issue. ...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hope your knee gets better. Did the handle slip out of your hand?

This type of failure is not common. I have heard of one other instance, but it was a misalignment of the strap somehow and was chewing up the strap. Never heard of one of having complete failure within the gears though. It is a mechanical device, so anything is possible.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I know I have only had the bow 11 days and shot it a total of 8 times sighting it in

·
Registered
16,627 Posts
Be Careful unloading it
So you must have has the handle get loose on you. Now that does happen and I have seen a few posts about it but never saw pics showing any bow damages. As long as nothing on you was broken the bow will be an easy fix for Ravin and you will be back in business. If it ever happens again remember to release the button (lever) and the handle will stop. I am used to cranking and uncranking my Excaliburs with the lever off to make them silent and they have a lot more pressure on them. I bet you will never let that happen again. :eek:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So you must have has the handle get loose on you. Now that does happen and I have seen a few posts about it but never saw pics showing any bow damages. As long as nothing on you was broken the bow will be an easy fix for Ravin and you will be back in business. If it ever happens again remember to release the button (lever) and the handle will stop. I am used to cranking and uncranking my Excaliburs with the lever off to make them silent and they have a lot more pressure on them. I bet you will never let that happen again. :eek:
Hi I didn’t let the handle get loss I turned it a quarter a turn and pressed the button and maybe it one full turn letting the string down and the inside blew apart I never took my hand off the handle and the bow is brand new only shot it a few time sighting it in the gear inside failed not good

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Have you contacted Ravin? If so what is their response?
Did this happen on the first time you tried to uncock the crossbow?
Hi it happened on about the third time and i contacted Ravin and I told them I wanted a new bow and they refused said they would repair it but I will not trust it again and when I asked Mr Brock McDermid of Ravin crossbows how many times this has happened he said Quote Only a hand full of times That’s not acceptable should be recalled and the problem fixed .......

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.