Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are the scope and trigger that come on the stock R10?

·
Registered
10,365 Posts
No R10 but I do have the R20. The scope is pretty good all in all and was easy to get set up and the trigger on mine is very good with no creep at all.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Like hawke 1.5x6 better than oem scope. Triggers on all Ravins are hard to beat imo.
Think Wyvearn puts the scope I like on the ready to hunt R10 package.
Cheers.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah he upgrades it. I'm waiting for a call from him.

Are you really stuck with Ravin bolts with one of these bows?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts

There’s are folks here who shoot custom bolts in their Ravins.
I never have.
The hawke scope has 40 yards center aiming point. Oem has 50 yards. 40 better for hunting deer imo.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I just picked up an r26. It came with the 450fps model scope. I mounted and shot it just a bit ago. The scope to me is ok. Not great just ok. I dont like the circles. If they were a sold dot I think it would make for a better scope. I've seen worse scopes that's for sure.

The trigger is good and solid not a hint of creep and the pull is good. Not too heavy and not too light.

·
Registered
10,365 Posts

What is your problem with the Ravin arrows? They are Black Eagle arrows.
And no you are not stuck with them if you don't mind loosing your warranty. I make my own.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And no you are not stuck with them if you don't mind loosing your warranty. I make my own.
Oh no problem as I've never used them. I just don't want to be handcuffed by a manufacturer because of something oddball. I like to make my own also and I don't mind having to use their knocks.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I have to questions. How will Ravin know what arrows your shooting, so how would that void anything? The second question is why settle for mediocre quality mass produced arrows that are inconsistent at best when you can shoot quality world class match arrows for the same or similar price? While I swear by Ravin crossbows, in my opinion their arrows are just subpar. I have used custom arrows on both my R10 and R20 for years. Now, Ravin arrows are adequate out to about 60 yards for hunting, they are not good enough if one wants to have precision accuracy with this world class crossbow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts