Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
It shouldn't be unless there's something wrong with the front rest, or you're shooting non-OEM arrows.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
You're being a bit literal. (Which I normally like.)
Hi HuntinBuddy62.

I am a relative xbow newbie and trying to learn something everyday or help someone when I can.
Not trying to be a smart-alec whatsoever.

I believe that Ravin technology was recently used on the CenterPoint CP400, which does have a rail and some have confused it for a Ravin:

If it is a brand new Ravin 10, I personally would not adjust the rests, if they are in fact adjustable, before contacting whoever I bought it from.
The Ravins are supposed to be all set to go from the factory, save for sighting in at 50 then 20 yards.

I am curious enough to ask how you can tell the that the cock vane is dragging on the rest, however.

Cheers,
dynamo61

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I noticed a couple shots "looping" on their way to target, after moving to 50 yards. I looked and saw the cock feather touching the 'rail' that the bus slides up and down on.
Nothing in the manual, of course, that addresses this issue.

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Yesterday I drove 40 miles to an archery store to handle the R10 they had in stock. But they had a Covid outbreak in the store so they were only letting one customer in at a time each for the archery and the gun depts.

There were 3 couples ahead of me in line and the couple just in front of me was getting the girl fitted for a compound bow. I waited 50 minutes outside and still had the same 6 people ahead of me.

I left.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I noticed a couple shots "looping" on their way to target, after moving to 50 yards. I looked and saw the cock feather touching the 'rail' that the bus slides up and down on.
Nothing in the manual, of course, that addresses this issue.
Check to make sure that the nocks have not turned. Seems I read somewhere that this is what someone else found out. (this would be for the issue of the vanes hitting the rest)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
When I took my Ravin out of the box the rest was on an angle. There's not much movement when you loosen it up but they sure arent a fixed rest. A little bit of movement can change your poi but I really doubt the rest is causing your vanes to ride or hit the rail.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts