Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Try the following. It works for me.
Extend your index finger on trigger hand to touch the front loop (side) of frigger guard. This will help with a more consistent grip and help will keeping bow off off heel of your hand. This will also help with getting your index (trigger finger) knuckle off of the side of the bo which can cause inconsistent shooting. My R9 is a lot easier to mange in this department.

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
Hi Riflenut.
I would be happy to try your method with our R26 but i do not understand exactly what you are saying.
Any chance you can post a picture when you have some time?

Somewhat on topic, I think:
I finally picked up a length of foam pipe insulation that I am going to tape half of to the rear of the grip.
This is in the hopes that the new, additional width of the grip will place my index finger's first joint right on the trigger.

As it stands right now, I can easily use the second joint on my index finger to fire but I would rather not, and I do not, shoot that way.
BTW, many thanks to Forum Member "ldock" for the foam pipe insulation idea.
I am keeping in mind BigBird1's fixes as well.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'd be interested in pictures also. I wrapped my grip with some of the stick to itself camo tape (like tennis racket tape) and I added big birds trigger shoe. It is much better. I might have to try the foam tube trick above too. I was trying to train myself during practice last night to make sure my trigger finger pad was on the shoe and it was working well, but I would like to understand and try the riflenut method also.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just slide you index finger along side of trigger guard (front and back) Use this to set your hand in back of the bow. This way you’ll hold it closer to the same way every shot. I don’t woory about whichever part of you trigger finger engages trigger. Just squeeze real slow and stay on your intended target spot.
As thin as the grip is on those newer Ravins one can grip lot of different angles just slipping your hand in behind grip.
Folks can try and see if they like it. Might feel strange a t first. I like a consistent grip when I shoulder on everything I shoot.

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
I'd be interested in pictures also. I wrapped my grip with some of the stick to itself camo tape (like tennis racket tape) and I added big birds trigger shoe. It is much better. I might have to try the foam tube trick above too. I was trying to train myself during practice last night to make sure my trigger finger pad was on the shoe and it was working well, but I would like to understand and try the riflenut method also.
Hi Philztoy, I tried the foam insulation thing, have a look if you like:

·
11,412 Posts
Funny how we all vary so much in what appeals to us......and what doesn’t. :giggle:
I consider the R26’s and 29’s grip and trigger/trigger guard design perfect. (y)

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
Funny how we all vary so much in what appeals to us......and what doesn’t. :giggle:
I consider the R26’s and 29’s grip and trigger/trigger guard design perfect. (y)
For sure Moon.
My Wife and Children love the setup as-is from the Factory.
My 6'4 inch tall Friends prefer a longer grip-to-trigger length.
I make due.
:)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hi Philztoy, I tried the foam insulation thing, have a look if you like:

Thanks dynamo, not sure why I didn't think of that. I have been wrapping my ladder stand rails with that foam. I will give it a wrap with my camo tape and I think my finger position will be much better.

I still love the bow even without the right trigger pull and wouldn't give it up. But with a little more material on the grip it will be more like my next rifle.

As and aside, my R26 seems to have a better feeling trigger than my R29X... I am not sure if that is just me or if something changed. I did some week before season final checking shots and that was my take away. Love both of those bows. I've gone through a mid season crossbow failure before so now I have a back up with the same scope just in case!

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
Thanks dynamo, not sure why I didn't think of that. ...
...As and aside, my R26 seems to have a better feeling trigger than my R29X... I am not sure if that is just me or if something changed. ...
You are welcome, Philztoy.
RE: trigger difference between the R29X and R26.
Perhaps the R29X is wound a lot tighter than the R26, for speed, making the trigger feel different?
just a thought.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
219 Posts
You are welcome, Philztoy.
RE: trigger difference between the R29X and R26.
Perhaps the R29X is wound a lot tighter than the R26, for speed, making the trigger feel different?
just a thought.
Enjoy!
Yeah probably the case. I hadn't noticed it until I should the r26 right after shooting the R29X. Both were shooting spot on great (once I dialed in my shooting). Good to have the practice for sure!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts