Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I have a question for y’all. My dads R29 has a small Frey on the decocking sled rope. It’s like it cocked uneven and got caught in the gears. Has anyone seen this happen before?

1600525102688.jpeg

·
Registered
20 Posts
that should not hurt it. Looks like it came back uneven one time and off the side of the drum. Keep an eye on the rope and if it happens again would send it back for warranty. Try letting it out then reel it back in just holding force with your hand. Does it feel like or sound likr its binding?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks it doesn’t sound like it. When you go to release the sled you have to touch it for it to drop. They Frey def gets caught. I have a email into Ravin but good lord they sound swamped.

·
Registered
10,842 Posts
It does not look like it got chewed on enough to damage it. If you start seeing strands breaking get it fixed. I would shoot it as it is.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Looks like it's possible that it could get hung up on that bad section and possibly jam the crank but doesn't look like it's bad enough that it will break when cocking.

That is the problem with owning a Ravin. If you have a crank failure you are done unless you have a back up.

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
For sure keep an eye on it.
Also, I believe it is recommended to keep the xbow level (i.e. no tilt or cant) and pointed down 90* when releasing and cocking the xbow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts