Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plz help . I just bought my xbow & I was custom arrows .
What spinal taps are guys buying that are “cheaper than Ravin factory bolts” because I’m seeing $45+ per 1 Arrow .
I just want spine indexed straight arrows to shoot .
Thanks

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Id go with the black eagle executioners at 20" with a 110 grain insert if shooting a 100 grain broadhead. Fletched with blazers or bohning heat vanes. A lot of guys are using them with great results. You dont need to use the Tapps, the executioners are cheaper and are great shafts.

Guys are buying the dragon claw bare shafts from Wyvern, indexing and fletching their own if thats the route you want to take. The dragon claw is the executioner shaft with a different label.

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
Imo they are much more durable then blazers. Not helping with the 505 tho still ripping them off as it passes through the target lol.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
x3 on yelpy and web said. I use the dragon claw which are identical to the Bee,s.. its just wyverns brand.. learn from our mistakes. Black Eagle executioners for a 29x with the 110 insert and I also use a 125 gn BH

Reactions: Yelpy

·
Registered
800 Posts
I think it boils down to what you accuracy goals are. You could get lucky and get a dozen non-indexed arrows that shoot well, but indexed arrows all shoot the same. I went down the non indexed road when I first got into 3D shooting. It was frustrating. I started using Tapps and the arrow was taken out of the equation of what I had to worry about. If your goals are minute of whitetail at 35 yards, the mass produced arrows will be fine.

·
3,338 Posts
Proprietary arrows aren’t needed to retain warranty?

Reactions: Iron Duke

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
Not if you don’t tell them your not using OEM arrows and they have never asked me. But according to the written warranty yes OEM arrows are required.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Boo, thats not what they told me.. The only thing you are allowed to do is reserve your serving.. everything else has to be theirs.. It sucks.

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
Boo, thats not what they told me.. The only thing you are allowed to do is reserve your serving.. everything else has to be theirs.. It sucks.
They told me they didnt know if I could reserve the center serving and not void warranty. They said to replace the string to be safe. LOL. I guess it depends on who you talk to over there.

·
3,338 Posts
They told me they didnt know if I could reserve the center serving and not void warranty. They said to replace the string to be safe. LOL. I guess it depends on who you talk to over there.
I'm guessing there is no written warranty then? Seems odd and vague. 🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
I'm guessing there is no written warranty then? Seems odd and vague. 🤷‍♂️
I dont think that reserving the string is covered in the warranty info. Basically up to the CS rep interpretation.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I dont think that reserving the string is covered in the warranty info. Basically up to the CS rep interpretation.
brock from ravin and dave at wyvern. fletching and reserving aok and white underwear.. lol.. not double serve just the normal diameter ravin serving.

• Haha
Reactions: WWB

·
Registered
627 Posts
If you know you're going to want custom built, spine indexed arrows with tight specs, consider just building them yourself. The equipment needed will pay for itself after just a couple dozen arrows. Plus, it allows you to then tweak things to your hearts content. 😁

Reactions: WWB

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
I think it boils down to what you accuracy goals are. You could get lucky and get a dozen non-indexed arrows that shoot well, but indexed arrows all shoot the same. I went down the non indexed road when I first got into 3D shooting. It was frustrating. I started using Tapps and the arrow was taken out of the equation of what I had to worry about. If your goals are minute of whitetail at 35 yards, the mass produced arrows will be fine.
That is if they are indexed properly.

·
12,944 Posts
Tellya what ... I've been pretty shocked how well the stock Ravin factory .003 BEE arrows from Wyvern shoot out of my R29X. I'm no 100 yard target shooter, but inside 40 yards they'd bust those orange nocks. The price isn't bad at all compared to custom arrows. I'm not knocking custom arrows, just saying if you're an inside 60 yard hunter you don't need them. And buying factory you don't have to deal with any of their BS warrantee shenanigans.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts