Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
yep, the 2 hottest bows to even come along in the history of crossbows and are The Tenpoint nitro 505 and his one.

To this point we have really heard very little about the Ravin model.

Reactions: dynamo61

·
13,181 Posts
I wonder if they actually fixed anything yet from being the 500 Lemon intro?
LOL ... a voice of reason in the wilderness of marketing. (y)

Reactions: dynamo61 and AlinMi

·
Crossbow Nut
5,126 Posts
I wonder if they actually fixed anything yet from being the 500 Lemon intro?
Too little interest on my part to even care. Intro fatigue ruined it IMO.
Same intro fatigue as the Halo Hyper X scope.

·
13,181 Posts
Too little interest on my part to even care. Intro fatigue ruined it IMO.
Same intro fatigue as the Halo Hyper X scope.
Intro fatigue ... along with a caravan of mystery problems and intrigue...lol You're right, they beat any interest to death with all the drama. Melodrama actually ...lol 😂 ;)

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I agree Ravin’s R500 rollout was really bad. That said, I have a close friend that I’ve purchased a myriad of vertical bows & crossbows products from and was in Monday to purchase and have him setup my Grandson’s new high end Mathews vertical bow. He is pretty much their top Technician in overseeing the archery dept. and I asked him about the R 500. Of the almost dozen they’ve sold not any have come back for service other then a few nock issues. He said they average 1 Ravin string change a week & so far no R500’s have come back for that or maintenance issues requiring them to work on or send back to Ravin, I’m not giving up on this one yet. For me I really like the design but certainly not the price. For sure they won’t get any cheaper.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
the Ravin will win the the speed bow trigger feel/pressure for sure

Reactions: Jack Pine

·
13,181 Posts
I bet it'll also have minimal recoil with outstanding accuracy.
But the retentive cocking/decocking system is it's achilles heel.
Nonetheless, buy the electric version and all of that cycle time becomes a non-issue.
What ... about the noise of the electric model? And recocking time of both models? I'm curious to see Archer's video.

I'm starting to wonder of Ravin is in negotiations to buy Archer's video so they can destroy the negative before it reaches the Internet. :p 😂;) Where's your video FA?:) Seems everything about this bow has been "coming soon" since the day it was announced...lol But wound up "coming later."

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Duke,
You're preaching to th choir my friend. As I have said several times in the past, if I were interested in a 500 fps crossbow, the TP505 would be my preference.

But I'm Not interested in a 500 fps crossbow from any manufacturer because it's waaaaay overkill for my type of hunting. Besides, in my opinion, the OracleX and it's successors will obsolete them way before they ever get really popular.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts