Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
How much does all what was added to bow cost including cables and string?
I am seriously thinking about going this route.
And does you’re stuff fit R29???
I may outfit my R9 too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do the limbsaver dampeners do a better job at reducing sound than the factory dampeners?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do the limbsaver dampeners do a better job at reducing sound than the factory dampeners?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think so, but reducing sound isn't the only aspect. The LS clamp onto the limb which can have some benefit to split limbs acting more uniform like a solid limb and also the aboltiy to dampen motion.. We have seen the LS react from the shot. The factory dampeners are basically hanging in there not doing much of anything. Many shooters I see with them up shove them up toward the limb pockets where they are really turned into resonator chambers which is a negative, that is the place we want to dampen / cancel resonances by eliminating weight hence why the titanium limb bolt becomes a perk.

Hope that helps.

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
I have a full break down of prices here.,
and yes we can do this stuff to an R29

Run this by me again.

The Cable Bracket Pulley system:
1. Eliminate 2 cables.
2. The 2 cables being longer takes up more shock and can be more forgiving with timing.
3. There is open not served spots on the cable son that you can add or take away twist to fine tune if needed.
4. Cables from Vital Limits will have all serves loop ends which we believe makes for a more stable string.
5. Outside of the cables being longer the bow will still be within general spec thus launch speed should be approx. the same pending some minimal differences in “a new string and cable set ” .

Price includes 2 brackets, 4 bracket Titanium Screws ( must use high strength thread lock not included), 2 cables, 1 string.
$249.95 TYD Anywhere in the lower US48states
Installed by us in Shop ( parts and labor ) $329.95 plus shipping cost of the bow.
Just cables and brackets $199.95 TYD Anywhere in the lower US48.

I assume the cables and brackets @ $199.95 include the 4 titanium screws?

Who makes the cables (and string)? Thanks.

·
Registered
10,842 Posts
Gas does.
It is $180 plus shipping from Firenock with Gas cables but they are not served on both ends.

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Gas does.
It is $180 plus shipping from Firenock with Gas cables but they are not served on both ends.
Is that way preferred or not?

·
Registered
10,842 Posts
it would be a little easier to install with both ends served I am sure but I haven't had any problem installing unserved cables on my Ravin. I do put a piece of serving string through the middle of the loop when pulling them through so I can easily separate the strands correctly in case they get squashed.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Gas does.
He might not have or send GAS cables. They will be at GAS spec but can be from 2 other string builders. I'd suggest if you want GAS cables to call Dorge before you order to see what cables he has on hand.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I like the served loops.

The set of cable I received from Dorge were not served and we're not made by GAS. They were made to GAS spec by a different builder. Dorge does not always have GAS sets on hand.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
I’m startin to like this set up as well. If you did need to adjust for cam lean, or ATA, can it be done with GAS strings/cables, and the pulley system as shown?
Steve

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Just an FYI. My cable spec are end loop not to be served but thread over by the string material 10 times. When GAS built me string. That is what they will and have done. All my string and cable are made base on my specification no matter who the builder is. So call GAS spec are developed by GAS with vital limit (Dave). If you like that built spec. You need to get with Dave or GAS directly.

Reactions: jbw

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
All my string and cable are made base on my specification no matter who the builder is.
Made to specific lengths is one thing - but does each of your string manufactures GUARANTEE they won’t stretch? Just asking.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I don't see how
Just an FYI. My cable spec are end loop not to be served but thread over by the string material 10 times. When GAS built me string. That is what they will and have done. All my string and cable are made base on my specification no matter who the builder is. So call GAS spec are developed by GAS with vital limit (Dave). If you like that built spec. You need to get with Dave or GAS directly.
That clears it up. Wrapping the endloops with string material is also a good idea. The cables I had weren't wrapped otherwise I'd a mentioned it.

·
Vendor
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Run this by me again.

The Cable Bracket Pulley system:
1. Eliminate 2 cables.
2. The 2 cables being longer takes up more shock and can be more forgiving with timing.
3. There is open not served spots on the cable son that you can add or take away twist to fine tune if needed.
4. Cables from Vital Limits will have all serves loop ends which we believe makes for a more stable string.
5. Outside of the cables being longer the bow will still be within general spec thus launch speed should be approx. the same pending some minimal differences in “a new string and cable set ” .

Price includes 2 brackets, 4 bracket Titanium Screws ( must use high strength thread lock not included), 2 cables, 1 string.
$249.95 TYD Anywhere in the lower US48states
Installed by us in Shop ( parts and labor ) $329.95 plus shipping cost of the bow.
Just cables and brackets $199.95 TYD Anywhere in the lower US48.

I assume the cables and brackets @ $199.95 include the 4 titanium screws?

Who makes the cables (and string)? Thanks.

The 199.95 is brackets, screws and cables, with Shipping included anywhere in lower US48. You color pic. Both loop ends are served. I usally stock the brackets , but right now running thin on cable systems pending bow model.

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
The 199.95 is brackets, screws and cables, with Shipping included anywhere in lower US48. You color pic. Both loop ends are served. I usally stock the brackets , but right now running thin on cable systems pending bow model.
Thanks, don’t need it right away but maybe a Christmas present from my wife. (y)

Reactions: Vital Limits
1 - 17 of 17 Posts