Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a 4-minute video explaining how I'm trying to resolve the lighted knock issue with Ravin's

·
Registered
215 Posts
Don’t use them. But can see where that’s frustrating. For what we pay/paid fir these bows......you’d think they would have a fix

·
Registered
783 Posts
Mark. I emailed Ravin and explained the poor experiences I had with Ravin Lighted arrows and Lighted Nocks. I said I had heard they had modified and made them better? Tyler said that there has been no update to their lighted nocks and they don’t currently have any change planned.

I told him while I love their bows how can they know there is a problem and not try to fix the problem? Especially when they make Ravin nocks mandatory?

too bad for Ravin think how many of us are having the same problems.

·
Registered
13,763 Posts
Way I see that problem is Ravin can only ask Lumenok to resize the nocks to fit better or change the inside diameter of the shaft which would be expensive. Seems to me like Lumenok needs to resize the nocks and then they would be selling like hot cakes. All they need is a little plastic shaved off properly. I usually even have to shave the ones for my Excalibur also so they make them tighter than they need to be. (Lawyer stuff probably).

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
It definitely seems like too much extra effort to achieve a working product.

BTW, I thought you could damage the two electrodes (connection pins) if you twisted the nock while lit. I even think it was one of the FAQ on their website. I always turn it off before twisting.

When you do twist, I guess it would be a good thing to mark the bushing to make sure it wasn't twisting instead of the nock.

Cool pic of the indention mark on a bushing left behind by the electrodes.

·
Registered
189 Posts
just a 4-minute video explaining how I'm trying to resolve the lighted knock issue with Ravin's
What is the purpose of rotating the nock 12 rotations?
If it is to seat the tight fitting plastic to the bushing. Instead, mount a metal rifle bore brush into a drill chuck and ream the bushing a couple of times. Then fit the nock.

·
Registered
Ravin R26, Garmin X1i
113 Posts
I was looking at buying the ravin lighted arrows, are they junk? I enjoy hunting with lighted nocks but this seems to be a real issue with ravin. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
783 Posts
I was looking at buying the ravin lighted arrows, are they junk? I enjoy hunting with lighted nocks but this seems to be a real issue with ravin. Any suggestions?
I wish there was a better answer. But honestly you are buying a product that is no better than 50/50 on its best day!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
until they fix the problem they're just not worth it, even when you can get them to turn off you go back in your garage an hour later they're back on again. and regarding damaging the prongs that's only if the prongs are hitting carbon the prongs hitting the metal bushing will not damage them that's a quote from Kurt at Luminock

1 - 12 of 12 Posts