Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am adding CCD build mods from Farm Deer for both my Xbows. I am faced with the challenge I will not be able to use my HHA Optimizer. Seems the only option I have is to add the Ravin Jackplate. I am willing to do this because of the CCD benefit and I absolutely like my Barnett TS370. That is such an underrated Xbow once you add a bit of TLC (not much).

For those that have Ravin Jackplate are you satisfied with the accuracy to the yard? I know my HHA Optimizer is flat out accurate to the yard to at least 83 yards. That is my accuracy bench mark and like to know how the Ravin compares.

I do have a chrono device to give me accurate FPS reading to accurately tape number for the jackplate.

Are there any other elevator options similar to the Ravin Jackplate (rearward dial)?

Reactions: Martymig

·
Registered
13,491 Posts
I think you should contact Burky and see if he can install one of his custom JPs to your bow. Probably be cheaper than buying a new Ravin JP even with shipping the bow and all he might need is your trigger box.

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you should contact Burky and see if he can install one of his custom JPs to your bow. Probably be cheaper than buying a new Ravin JP even with shipping the bow and all he might need is your trigger box.
duly noted. What can you share about it. Does it offer 1 yard increments? Of to send him a PM. Robert, Thanks! ;)

·
Registered
6,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Robert, PM sent to Burky on custom built elevator suggestion. Farm Deer, not sure you are looking into this. If so let me know.

·
Registered
13,491 Posts
I figured you had seen the ones he has been putting on the Scorpys he has been fixing for people Tom. I have not seen one in person but I am very impressed by what I have seen. He can explain it to you a heck of a lot better that I can. :)

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
If you're in a hurry for the jackplate,due to Burky's accident,he may be out of service for a while yet! If he can build one for your bow,he would only need the trigger box,at least that's all he needed for mine.....
I have both the Ravin jack plate and Tim's build! Both work great,but no tapes for Tim's,you will have to mark the dial yourself.
EZ-D dots 2.jpg

Reactions: SEW and bunnyrabbit

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
It is very easy to make a homemade tape.
Yes it is,but I choose to just use glow in the dark dots myself. I can fill in the blanks with a little good ole fashioned "Kentucky windage".when needed. Besides,a fast bow won't be off much with only a few yards difference at hunting ranges!

Reactions: TomOnTheRun
1 - 8 of 8 Posts