Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank God I tested my Muzzys 100s which I use on everything from my Reflex Grizzly Compound and my 6 pt defender. Usually the field shoots exactly like the the Muzzy. Low and behold the Vapor shoots the broad head 4 inches to the right of dead center field point. Shocked! Then I shoot the Center punch and it’s very close the bullseye. Never had that issue with anything I shot. I really liked Muzzys but I guess the Vapor doesn’t. Just purchased 6 more Center Punch. Question why?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Very fast bow and lots of energy. I think either you accept that you'll have to find a mechanical you trust that shoots well OR consider a heavier fixed head with very low profile and diameter and find one that works for you.
I, too, had to give up my beloved Muzzy 100s.

·
Registered
134 Posts
NAP SlingBlades are identical to the TenPoint head, I am assuming NAP makes them for TenPoint. You can get NAP SlingBlades off Amazon for half the price plus free shipping.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
As the speed of archery equipment increases the profile of the broadhead has greater impact on arrow flight. Fixed heads can often be used and in most cases, do fly to the same POI but they require "rezeroing" your scope to adjust to their POI. Smaller profile mechanicals that are "Crossbow Approved" are much less likely to fly to a different POA but you should always test that to be 100% sure.

I prefer 3 and 4 blade broadheads vs 2 and I've been using Grim Reapers "Crossbow Approved" heads. The 1.5" cut 3 blade in the Pro or Razortip series fly well and are very effective on big game.

Razortips

Reactions: jrsdws

·
4,763 Posts
The various Slick Trick broadheads seem to be about as high speed crossbow friendly as fixed broadheads come.

That typed, I’ve settled on one broadhead for all my arrows: 4 xbows and 2 vertical recurves - TruGlo 4 blade expsndible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts