Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The results.
6 of the .001 Ravin bolts gave no meter deflection when rotated.

The .003 tolerance bolts on a average not as straight. There were 2 or 3 though that tied some of the .001 bolts for straightness.

Shooting 40 yards would a person miss a deer? Doubt it.
These bolts need to be indexed vanes cut off and nocks turned and reflectched.
Then shot at distance.
To find out which ones needs to be used for longer range deer hunting.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
I shot 1 dozen .001's the other day at a 50 yrd target. Ended up with 2 groups of arrows and 2 bad shooters. I'm guessing it's luck of the draw. I was impressed with how well they shot for me. I thought for sure they would shoot worse than they did. Actually shot as good as the Tapps I picked up. Its funny you brought this up when you did because I was thinking I might list the Tapps up for sale just because if the factory arrows are shooting as well as they are I wouldn't need the Tapps.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I try and report what Insee with equipment. Folks can read and decide, etc. I look too to see I feel anything drastic has changed. One never knows with outsourcing, etc.

Found out recently over at the TP subforum, I am immature. Lol
Guess someone over there doesn’t realize manufacturers do send me some of their equipment to test. Some of this equipment is actually prototype stuff too.
Evidently they like my work, they keep talking to me and sending me stuff.

I think I have done a good job here with Ravin bows. Sharing data and doing videos. I also think most folks here know I don’t exaggerate, twist the truth, or try to make Ravin look better than what it is. Just the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

I enjoy reading here. And trying to help folks. I learn stuff here too. No doubt.
No one is above learning. Even the folks at Ravin May have learned a thing or two reading on this subforum.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Here's a quick pic of a 50yrd target. Just shot these out of the R29. 2 Factory Ravin .001 tipped with Swat xmags and the 3rd by the black dot was a Rage hypodermic. I see no reason not to like em and I'll be stretching it out here this evening and tommorow as time allows.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks Iike your bow shooting nicely. Anything to share on how you got it set up?

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
I try and report what Insee with equipment. Folks can read and decide, etc. I look too to see I feel anything drastic has changed. One never knows with outsourcing, etc.

Found out recently over at the TP subforum, I am immature. Lol
Guess someone over there doesn’t realize manufacturers do send me some of their equipment to test. Some of this equipment is actually prototype stuff too.
Evidently they like my work, they keep talking to me and sending me stuff.

I think I have done a good job here with Ravin bows. Sharing data and doing videos. I also think most folks here know I don’t exaggerate, twist the truth, or try to make Ravin look better than what it is. Just the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

I enjoy reading here. And trying to help folks. I learn stuff here too. No doubt.
No one is above learning. Even the folks at Ravin May have learned a thing or two reading on this subforum.
That is the way it should be the truth. No bs or sales pitches. We all come here to learn and appreciate the time you have taken to add your knowledge and experience to the forum to help others.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I agree , the sales pitch crap got to go

Reactions: Texas Grown

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Looks Iike your bow shooting nicely. Anything to share on how you got it set up?
My R29 has the factory string and cables on it. Timing is dead set between the dots on cams. ATA is right at 10 1/2" on the nose. Nothing special really. Just made sure that the wearing of the center serving / nock grove is centered up.

I originally was using the stock Ravin scope and just changed over to the XBR today. I have the XBR set in the factory Ravin rings and I must say they worked out very nicely. The rings aren't the best but they work. I also have a vortex scope level mounted on the scope.

I just installed the trigger shoe from bird which I really like and his home made bubble level. Great level for the job.

I did shoot 70yrds but the wind started to pick up from a storm that was heading our way. Than the grandson came to visit so I quit there.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Here's the 70yrd target. This is where she opened up a bit but I will add that wind was getting a bit strong and I was shooting on 5x magnification. I'll be retesting because I wasn't really happy with it and I believe had some blow off. I could see the tail end of the arrows in the scope and they got swirly just around the time they cleared the side of the house.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,178 Posts
Here's the 70yrd target. This is where she opened up a bit but I will add that wind was getting a bit strong and I was shooting on 5x magnification. I'll be retesting because I wasn't really happy with it and I believe had some blow off. I could see the tail end of the arrows in the scope and they got swirly just around the time they cleared the side of the house.
I see 3 arrows in that target that would have been 3 kills. Good shooting at 70 yards in the wind.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
I'm s
I see 3 arrows in that target that would have been 3 kills. Good shooting at 70 yards in the wind.
Yep I'm sure they would have been kills. I do see a pattern with the 2 out of 3 arrows though. I'm going to shoot em again at 70 hopefully this afternoon. I'm really curious to see if they were effected by the wind or if that is where they settle in at 70. Id like to step back to 100yrds but that will be another day because I just don't have enough room to shoot that far in the yard.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Ok here was the retest at 70yrds. I did have to adjust the windage 1/2 moa as I expected but as you can see the factory set up is a pretty good one. Besides having the XBR, trigger shoe, scope level and birds riser level.. The R29 is one sweat package. Just hope she stays in tune.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice shooting. Good practice to shoot in some crosswind. Or hurricane force. Good say 3-5 mph crosswind. See the effects. Then ole big buck might get his lights put out on a longer shot like 50-60 yards.
I saw another satisfied Ravin owner this morning. My bud shots his new R20. I shot couple times for verification. Bow looks like it will be a very good shooter. He’s tickled pink. Bow shooting nicely. From what I could see.
Almost feels like cheating shooting a properly setup Ravin. Lol

I probably won’t do much longer distance. Might give a couple bolts a run at 80 yards after my bow is setup. Just to see where bow is hitting.
I’ll hone a little at 40 and 50 yards. Then go to 60 and shoot few. One or two at 70 yards.

Why I like to keep my ata a certain length. Then I know if bow shoots right at 50. It’ll be right at longer and closer distances.
I am tempted to buy one of those hawke pro sr scopes. Reticle is easy to use. Liked it a lot.

Keep posting your results. I like to look.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Here's another 70 yrds target shot just a bit ago using 18"Tapps out of the R26. Everything is stock on the little monster now. ATA at factory spec. Only goodies are the bird trigger extension and level.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts