Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks considering Ravin xbows. Particularly the R15, R20, R29 and R29x you need a target like this one to stop the bolts and have easy removal. This is my second one. I can still use my first one when shooting 50 plus yards. For initial zero after maintenance though my first one too shaky (worn).
F3499DBB-0FD3-49AC-B707-E8017F3D1AD5.jpeg
C96E6AE1-5505-4D60-A007-D7541EE3475A.jpeg

·
Registered
819 Posts
As you already know, the Spyder Web is a very nice target for field points. I'm sold based on the easy arrow removal and it takes a pounding. Mine is two years old and after hundred of shots it remains in good condition.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Exactly the target that I have. Had my Orion Extreme 175 shoot a couple of 451 grain arrows up past the fletching, but I also probably was shooting at the same spot too much. They say that you should turn it around frequently, and not shoot the same spot too much. Overall, happy with it.

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
That's the very same target I just got. (I think I may have miss spelled the modle in another thread) Very impressed with it's ability to stop shafts.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Get some clean cardboard and tie to front of target with target dots stuck on. Makes for a nice clear aiming point and keeps bolts moving around target somewhat when piercing.
I like shooting at top edge of 2” target dot.
I also like shooting just one shot. And pull bolt and reshoot.
I think too many folks are shooting multiple bolts at target before retrieval.
Having to set up your shot from scratch every time I think has advantages.
Shooter gets more exercise.
Easier on bow too.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Get some clean cardboard and tie to front of target with target dots stuck on. Makes for a nice clear aiming point and keeps bolts moving around target somewhat when piercing.
I like shooting at top edge of 2” target dot.
I also like shooting just one shot. And pull bolt and reshoot.
I think too many folks are shooting multiple bolts at target before retrieval.
Having to set up your shot from scratch every time I think has advantages.
Shooter gets more exercise.
Easier on bow too.
Nice shooting Riflenut.
The R9 will probably be a collector's item one day. I imagine a whole lot of deer have been killed with this original Ravin.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts