Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Vertical bows and Tenpoint Viper
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just getting into crossbows in a way that some would call an addition. This summer I have purchased 3 crossbows; a Mission Sub1 Lite, Tenpoint Siege, and a Hickory Creek Vertical In Line. Last year I purchased a Tenpoint Viper. I've been a vertical compound shooter for many years and like to do my own tuning and maintenance. I have two vertical bow presses but neither will work on my crossbows. So I'm trying to determine which is the best crossbow press for my Tenpoints? Cost is not a factor; I want the BEST. Which one would you recommend? Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I'm just getting into crossbows in a way that some would call an addition. This summer I have purchased 3 crossbows; a Mission Sub1 Lite, Tenpoint Siege, and a Hickory Creek Vertical In Line. Last year I purchased a Tenpoint Viper. I've been a vertical compound shooter for many years and like to do my own tuning and maintenance. I have two vertical bow presses but neither will work on my crossbows. So I'm trying to determine which is the best crossbow press for my Tenpoints? Cost is not a factor; I want the BEST. Which one would you recommend? Thanks for your input.
If you still shoot vertical bows, the Pro Press is hard to beat. The only draw back was I had to remove the scope from my Siege. If I was to start over, I would buy a Spike Press. That is a heck of a press with all the finger options. There was one for sale on AT, which is the first one I've ever seen for sale over there.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Joel,
I have the EZ Green crossbow press, and I can tell you your design where the limb edges sit into the grooves on the fingers is FAR SUPERIOR to the factory fingers from last chance archery. It's not that they don't work, it's just that yours looks way better. I like the way they form a shelf to support the bow while adjusting the fingers for a perfect fit. On the EZ green one must support the bow while adjusting the fingers until adequate tension can be put on the press. Fantastic work!!!!

·
Registered
575 Posts
If you still shoot vertical bows, the Pro Press is hard to beat. The only draw back was I had to remove the scope from my Siege. If I was to start over, I would buy a Spike Press. That is a heck of a press with all the finger options. There was one for sale on AT, which is the first one I've ever seen for sale over there.
Perry,
Definitely agree with you that the SpikePress Slider is what most experienced shooters would consider the finest standard compound and crossbow press on the market today, bar none!
Most guys will say the LCA EZ Green Crossbow Press is only $485...so why pay around $850 for the SpikePress Slider (even though it is clearly the smoothest operating, fastest to set-up, most versatile and clearly the all-around best press?)

Everyone should remember what WindWalker (the OP) said...."Money is not a factor, I want the BEST!"
Then posts pop-up stating "Well, for the money, I would go with XXX press"....and other posts where guys are talking about "the best value for the dollar".

While I certainly understand that reasoning, folks need to keep in mind what a guy is wanting....which in WindWalker's case is clearly the VERY BEST crossbow press made, regardless of the price.

Windwalker, I would suggest watching a 10-minute youtube video of the SpikePress Slider in use....and a video of the EZ Green crossbow press in use. The ease of use, safety factors and overall quality and innovative design is a slam-dunk in favor of the SpikePress Slider model. (y)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Archery Tooling Corp Spikepress Slider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes sir! I've been eyeballing these presses for my compounds. I current have a deluxe last chance press I picked up from a bow shop that went out of business. Have been debating selling it and getting one press that does it all.

Although I think I loose the draw board feature and have to buy a separate attachment/piece to keep the same functionality.

Will see. Gotta sell a few bows too.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Could someone help me with the former of that complete structure of fingers, with the correct measurements and angles? I found a press patent, but without any kind of measurements at fingers structures!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts