Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you buy your broadhead targets do you buy regular targets or do you make sure you get a crossbow model ? How do the reg targets hold up for you and do you think it really makes a difference? I just bought the reg. Morrell Yellow Jacket broadhead target and was wondering if maybe I should take it back and exchange it for the crossbow model..:eek:

·
Pennsylvania Crossbow Federation Moderator
810 Posts
Last year was my first year to use a crossbow, so I thought I could use my regular archery targets also. Wrong! The first I tried was a block target. It stopped my arrows, but not until it reached the fletching. I ruined a lot of fletching.:mad:

Second, I used a McKenzie 3d target. It stopped my arrows real good. So good I couldn't get them back out of the target!:eek:

I've since purchased Morrell's Yellow Jacket Crossbow bag target. Thus far its held my arrows, and it's two finger removal. I don't know when, or if, it'll give out, but I've got a year out of it with no problems.:)

·
Banned
1,025 Posts
I've been through a slew of targets. Will no longer fool w/ any kind of layered foam, the bheads trash them in short order. Imho, a good bag target for field points like the Morrell Eternity I shot out in a year, lol and the ultimate bhead target, again imho, the Rinehart 18-1... It's ok for field points, better w/ alum than carbon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts