Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In another thread I posted this picture of what I thought to be a very impressive 6 pointer I jumped with my young hunters during youth season last year. I stopped then from shooting it just in time and then proceeded to explain why this animal was not ready for harvest.
The first picture is the previous picture.

I think I completely underestimated this because now I have what I think to be the proper picture of him here on the right of photo 2. Also notice who he is running around with on the left of the photo:

Attachments

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The details that made the 6 pointer stand out were very tall upright antlers with long tines. The buck on the right looks like it will have those features judging by the velvet. And from the looks of body size the buck on the left is a 3.5 or 4.5 year old. The rack looks like it is as wide or wider than the ears. Keep in mind these deer are still in velvet. If I decide he is going to score big enough after he has had lots of time to breed late in the rut then you'll get lots of pictures of me holding those antlers. If he needs to go another year I'll try to snap some high res photos of him while in the stand this year. Maybe even shoot a video.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts