Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to remove the nock insert for Firenocks. I tried heating method on an arrow that was already damaged. That went bad. Weakened some of the carbon. Not sure what to do. I guess call Dorge in the am. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
Ravin R10 and Ravin R26
51 Posts
I use canned air duster. Turn can upside down and spray the insert area. It freezes it and it’s easier to get them out. I never had luck using heat on the nock inserts.

·
Registered
Ravin R10/Hawke XB30 Compact 2-8 / R20
138 Posts
JM, that is an interesting thought. Never heard that before. So how do you pull them out after the canned air? Pliers, twist..??? Also DMS what can you tell me about firenocks? Do they fit in Ravin arrows without an insert? Is that why you are removing insert? If so is it safe to shoot them without an insert?

·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes you need to remove the insert to use Firenocks. Depending on serving size they have different nock sizes. I bought the U and C nocks. With my serving I’m using the C nocks. A new serving would probably be the U. Your question about safe to shoot? I would say yes or you would have heard about it. I did try the canned air. Didn’t work. Maybe try again. I’m working on something else that might work. Will know today.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I use a red hot screw, I then screw it in a bit, it heats up the insert just enough. Don't twist it out, pull it out with the hot screw

·
Registered
Ravin R10/Hawke XB30 Compact 2-8 / R20
138 Posts
Here’s a video

The title of this forum states Ravin arrows..... your video is about Ten Point..... I am now confused as not sure any of the responses in this discussion are pertaining to Ravin Arrows. The Ravin arrows have the metal nock insert to accept the nocks. I was understanding that the only lighted nock that would work with a Ravin arrow is the Ravin( Lumenok) lighted nocks. So this discussion title was talking about removing the nock insert from a Ravin arrow to use firenocks.....wanted to know how does that work...does the firenock fit into the Ravin arrow without the insert?

·
Administrator
TP Nitro 505, Vapor 470, Siege, Sub 1 XR
2,252 Posts
The title of this forum states Ravin arrows..... your video is about Ten Point..... I am now confused as not sure any of the responses in this discussion are pertaining to Ravin Arrows. The Ravin arrows have the metal nock insert to accept the nocks. I was understanding that the only lighted nock that would work with a Ravin arrow is the Ravin( Lumenok) lighted nocks. So this discussion title was talking about removing the nock insert from a Ravin arrow to use firenocks.....wanted to know how does that work...does the firenock fit into the Ravin arrow without the insert?
yes the firenock system will fit and work in the Ravin arrow without a nock bushing. But to me it makes no sense to spend the money on firenocks and use a Ravin arrow.

·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I already had the arrows. (Yes Ravin) I tried the canned air again. It worked. I did half with the heat method and half with the canned air. Hunting season starts in a week, I’m set now and saved money. Sorry if that makes no sense.

·
Registered
Ravin R10 and Ravin R26
51 Posts
It was just to show you how to do it. Should work on any brand that has inserts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts