Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if Darton will ever come out with their own version of the reverse draw limbs like a Scorpyd? I would be interested to see how Ted and company design such a crossbow.

·
1,220 Posts
As I've said before...I'll be first in line..!
As long as it's not too wide like the Scorpyd and more like the Horton with its narrower riser.

Come on Darton, it's not just a fad..! I've got an (old) Horton, Recon and a Fury and like them for their overall small size, and the rear most weight bias. Just what they were designed to be.

Mike

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Scorpyd has two xbows when cocked are 12 7/8 inches wide axle to axle horton storm axle to axle is 15.5 inches even if thats not cocked they are about the same. lets get the facts straight sound like the leberial media here.

·
Registered
12,808 Posts
I knew somebody would come back on that. he he he :)

·
1,220 Posts
If I may...Mr. kochie...

What the h*ll are you talking about ?
No one has talked ANY..."facts" OR dimensions here, what so-ever...!!??

Better lighten up on that liquid lunch...

Mike

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
kochie said:
Scorpyd has two xbows when cocked are 12 7/8 inches wide axle to axle horton storm axle to axle is 15.5 inches even if thats not cocked they are about the same. lets get the facts straight sound like the leberial media here.
The facts would be what the actual width is not just the ata width.The Horton/Tenpoint is 10" cocked ata.Those big cams on RDT bows half to at the least add 2" if not 4" to the overall width.just sayin.

Reactions: miki

·
2,582 Posts
Darton likes to get paid for others to use their patents more than Vice Versa. I am not sure if it's true or not, but I did see on another forum that Scorpyd's patents on the reverse draw and string from the front of the cams will expire at some future date. Not sure when it is.

·
1,259 Posts
JOE PA said:
Darton likes to get paid for others to use their patents more than Vice Versa. I am not sure if it's true or not, but I did see on another forum that Scorpyd's patents on the reverse draw and string from the front of the cams will expire at some future date. Not sure when it is.
This is true of all patents.......unless a company upgrades the patented item & thus gains a new patent......starts the clock back at zero in such a case.

And many, many companies are quite good at this, it protects their investment in new designs/ideas as long as possible.

So I'd not be at all surprised to see Jim do just that. If he does not, then all the other companies will overnight have out "new" bows using his ideas & designs.

·
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well when /if Darton manufactures one I'll be buying it. I love my Impact and newer Fireforce. I'd go for a triple Darton if they made a reverse draw xbow. I've shot Scorpyd, TenPoint and Barnett, but I always come back to Darton. I do love the Scorpyr Orion... I know Darton could match it or do better.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Bear did come out with its Forward Facing Limbs (FFL) which they removed from the market. It was basicly a reverse draw crossbow, but was diffierent then the design Scorypd brouught to market. It had some additional braces that would make for stronger riseres and the cams were not inverted and faced forward. think they were likely challeneged and chose to settle and withdraw from the market, then to fight for their new design and patents.

For Darton to produce a Reverse Draw crossbow they would have two choices. The first would be to purchase a licence agreement with Scorpyd like TenPoint, and Barnet has. Or they will need to create there own design with things that are noticably different from the Scorpyd design, then being prepard for legal fight and demonstrate how the Darton design is original and different from the Scorpyd and not a repeat of the same design

1 - 11 of 11 Posts