Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought this new target for shooting broadheads into. It is great at stopping the arrow. Only problem is, you need to be a he man to pull them out. I have to stand on the target and get both hands on the arrow and pull with everything I got to get them out.

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Thanks we are looking for a broadhead target, too.
Any other comments about the rhineheart block appreciated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I take a piece of paper towel, spray it with Pam vegetable spray, and place it in a bagie. At the range, I wipe the first third of the bolt before I shoot it. Makes it easier to pull from target.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Arrow puller

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tried that still super hard to pull. This target is a very,very dense foam .

·
Registered
69 Posts
It needs to be broken in I use the 18 1 it will ease up eventually. Good excuse to shoot more (y)

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I got tiered of buying broad head targets every 6 months, about as long as the best Rhinheart will do for me!! I bought a blob and have never looked back, plus even my 524 grain arrows out of my 165 Vent or Tenpoint Nitro have never failed to stop well before the fletching, something I cant say for the Rihnheart! Even well used the blob will stop anything ever shot into it! But you still need a good puller if you want easier removal.

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
I have the same Rhine Hart target. They recommend shooting broad heads into the field point
sides to cut it up and there by make for easier arrow removal. I build an arrow puller using pointed
vise grips with file handles on the points, a 1/2 moon pipe with rubber hose in the 1/2 moon pipe
to grip the arrow. Using a hoist with a scale, 135 to 187 pound pull to remove the carbon arrows.

If one shoots aluminum arrow, no problem pulling them. Carbon arrows generate heat causing foam
in a target to bond to the arrow shaft.
This target gets shot very little due to the hard arrow removal when shooting carbon arrows.

All the best.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I have the same Rhine Hart target. They recommend shooting broad heads into the field point
sides to cut it up and there by make for easier arrow removal. I build an arrow puller using pointed
vise grips with file handles on the points, a 1/2 moon pipe with rubber hose in the 1/2 moon pipe
to grip the arrow. Using a hoist with a scale, 135 to 187 pound pull to remove the carbon arrows.

If one shoots aluminum arrow, no problem pulling them. Carbon arrows generate heat causing foam
in a target to bond to the arrow shaft.
This target gets shot very little due to the hard arrow removal when shooting carbon arrows.

All the best.
Release agent will make that bond from welded material to the shaft much easier, but I hate the slickery chit!

So why when the Spyder Web stops em, and 2 fingers will pull them. For over 425 fps I recamend a XL a little deeper, and as some have said, set the Blob or Block behind it, and if it does penetrate the spyder web, it stops before the vanes,,, and has slowed enough not to weld to it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts