Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my name is rob kinney hence robk. too confused to try and pick a tricky name i forget a lot lol. i am a 100% disabled vietnam veteran. i was with the 25th inf div b trp 3/4 cav. i was there from jan 69 to jan 70. i was a recon scout. i live in yukon oklahoma with my wife and my god daughter.
i enjoy hunting when i can. and look forward to meeting other okies and maybe getting to some people who might help me get a hunt somewhere new. my father has to be with me most of my hunts due to my medical problems but i have a couple of really nice wall hangers thanks to him getting me to the hunt
if you hav a place for a disabled vietnam veteran and can put up with myself and my dad we are easy to enjoy life and my pops is good at telling some good whoppers lol
god bless
rob k

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
Rob I can't quite make out your avatar. Is there a story to go along with it? Maybe a close up? And welcome to the crossbow nation. I know my welcome wagon etiquette has been sloppy in these past few weeks but I have been distracted with side projects.

·
821 Posts
Welcome aboard and am glad to hear you do enjoy getting out in the woods, when you can. Am sorry to hear of your disability probs, and I also thank you for serving. Congrats on your wall hangers and good luck on future hunts. :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
buckeye dan said:
Rob I can't quite make out your avatar. Is there a story to go along with it? Maybe a close up? And welcome to the crossbow nation. I know my welcome wagon etiquette has been sloppy in these past few weeks but I have been distracted with side projects.
hey sorry for that. yeah it is a picture of my first traditional kill. i am o the right it is a merino ram or it's nick name a rambo. i shot it and it turned out to be a gold meal ram with a 110 3/8" of horn
thanks to all for their kind words
rob k

Attachments

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
robk said:
hey sorry for that. yeah it is a picture of my first traditional kill. i am o the right it is a merino ram or it's nick name a rambo. i shot it and it turned out to be a gold meal ram with a 110 3/8" of horn
thanks to all for their kind words
rob k
Awesome harvest! If I had an animal like that in my bow sights I would have had buck fever so bad my teeth rattling would have scared it off. Congratulations!

·
821 Posts
robk said:
i shot it and it turned out to be a gold meal ram with a 110 3/8" of horn
rob k
Congrats on that great ram! Nice pic! :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
buckeye dan said:
Awesome harvest! If I had an animal like that in my bow sights I would have had buck fever so bad my teeth rattling would have scared it off. Congratulations!
honest i was so shakey i wasn't sure if i could draw it steady and had to let down one time before i finally was able to get my breath and take the shot and it was a killing shot. this is the first time i guess i was excited i was speechless. i have never in my life had this kind of feeling before when i have hunted until after the shot. i was always able to keep it going steady but this being my first ever shot with my shakespeare mainitu and i was beyond excited. glad you liked the pic i will try to post a pic of him now that he is one the wall. my wife said oh great another animal for the wall but when she saw it and got to feel it she went bonkers and loved it. it was a great time and the guy i went to hunt on his land in texas is the thompson temple ranch. a great place to hunt and if you want his addy let me know
god bless
rob k

·
342 Posts
robk said:
my name is rob kinney hence robk. too confused to try and pick a tricky name i forget a lot lol. i am a 100% disabled vietnam veteran. i was with the 25th inf div b trp 3/4 cav. i was there from jan 69 to jan 70. i was a recon scout. i live in yukon oklahoma with my wife and my god daughter.
i enjoy hunting when i can. and look forward to meeting other okies and maybe getting to some people who might help me get a hunt somewhere new. my father has to be with me most of my hunts due to my medical problems but i have a couple of really nice wall hangers thanks to him getting me to the hunt
if you hav a place for a disabled vietnam veteran and can put up with myself and my dad we are easy to enjoy life and my pops is good at telling some good whoppers lol
god bless
rob k
Even though I live in California, I have alot of family also in Yukon,OK....Welcome aboard!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts