Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Need some opinions here. I am shooting a parker enforcer and it is rated at 315 fps with 400 grain arrow. Been using wasp drone and boss fixed and love them. But interested in trying the rocket sidewinder. But before i buy them, my question is at my speed 315 fps should i be concerned of blades opening in flight. I read alot of reviews that say never had a problem at that speed, and it wasnt till they got up around 350 fps or so. Then others say they had some open in flight at speeds below 350 fps. So would love to hear from you guys thats been using mechanicals and what your thoughts are. Especially you users that used the banded mechanicals. thanks.

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
I shoot rocket steelheads at 305 fps and never a problem. If youre concerned add another rubber band to the head. That wont stop it from opening when it hits a deer.;)

Reactions: beanie

·
Registered
13,339 Posts
For me...yes. If I had a concern if they would open prematurely then I would add another band in a heartbeat. There's NO WAY that tiny little extra band would keep the broadhead from opening when the head hits the hide IMO.

Reactions: beanie

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks GaBowman and Beanie for your response. I bought a pack of Rocket Sidewinders and had to shoot one just to ease my mind. I used Rockets yrs ago and new they flew good. Anyhow for me the sidewinder opened in flight with 1 band and was 6 inches low at 20 yds. Had a sheet of paper in front of target 6 inches, full open thru paper. When shot with 2 bands the sidewinder hit bulls eye every time. Normal hole thru paper, not fully opened like before. So its 2 bands for me. I didnt expect that out of a 315 fps crossbow. Now just as long as they open when coming in contact with a deer. They did on my target with 2 bands, so i feel they will on animals. thanks guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts