Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15,761 Posts
I was wondering if anyone had an idea on rubberizing the foot stirrup on an Excalibur micro? Shrink tubing? Or a wrap of some kind?
I have my Matrix stirrup wrapped in tennis wrap but I also made 2 rubber gaskets that I put under the stirrup and ran the screws through them. That took out all the vibration from the stirrup.

·
Registered
15,761 Posts
What size gasket?
I cut them the same shape as the bottom on the stirrup holes out of 1/16" rubber I believe it was. Used an empty .308 case to pop out the holes for the screws. Thought I still had a pic of them but can't find it as that was several years back. They are still on the bow. I also cut 2 shims and placed them under the limbs. Same shape as the shims on the bow. It is pretty quite and vibration free now.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you
I cut them the same shape as the bottom on the stirrup holes out of 1/16" rubber I believe it was. Used an empty .308 case to pop out the holes for the screws. Thought I still had a pic of them but can't find it as that was several years back. They are still on the bow. I also cut 2 shims and placed them under the limbs. Same shape as the shims on the bow. It is pretty quite and vibration free now.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
I had a hole set of pictures for all the little tings I do to mine, filling the rail with a soft high density foam like neoprene stuffed inside the hollow rail, the gaskets under the stirrup, Simms arrow holder silencer, shrink tube on the tip of it, a 36 strand force 10 flemish string, Simms silencers on the stirrup after foam wrap with black friction tape over that, it all works and helps, and the more you do, the quieter the results.

Reactions: Hester

·
Registered
671 Posts
I had a hole set of pictures for all the little tings I do to mine, filling the rail with a soft high density foam like neoprene stuffed inside the hollow rail, the gaskets under the stirrup, Simms arrow holder silencer, shrink tube on the tip of it, a 36 strand force 10 flemish string, Simms silencers on the stirrup after foam wrap with black friction tape over that, it all works and helps, and the more you do, the quieter the results.
Man that Micro is quiet looks like everything you're doing is working.

Reactions: JOE PA

·
Registered
671 Posts
I use black tennis wrap tape on my stirrups as well and it is very durable and works great. I haven't tried the plastic dip but I'm sure it will work also

Reactions: JOE PA

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I wrapped mine in an old road bike tube. Racing tubes are thinner and narrower than regular road tubes or mountain bike tubes and bike shops usually are glad to give you a few. Put about 50% overlap as you wrap and tie off with a few zip ties. Also cut out a piece to fit between the stirrup and frame for more isolation. I put some Simms material on my arrow hold down and tie wrapped a couple pieces on the stirrup for good measure. Makes my Micro 355 about the quietest shooting crossbow I've ever shot. It has a very organic thump and no more crack.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts