Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While sighting in my new scope I maxed out my elevation crosshairs but didn’t realize it. I out extra pressure in turning them to get sighted in and now they don’t seem to work at all. They are just maxed out as high as they can go. Anyone know if the elevation can function can be fixed? If I turn the crosshairs up or down now they don’t move at all.

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
Try smacking it a few times....lol... I know, it's sounds stupid but maybe it's just jammed and if you tap it a few times it might loosen it back up. If you have a warranty though, I wouldn't do anything and just use the warrant agreements and exchange it for one that works.

·
Registered
13,347 Posts
Call the company who it belongs and see if warranty would apply.

Reactions: Martymig

·
Registered
377 Posts
Tap the turrets with the cap on or near the turrets on the tube with the handle of a screwdriver and see if that works. I do so every time I make adjustments on any scope I have ever owned. Most recently with my Evo X. It works and is just habit for me now. You will sometimes find that the bigger amount of adjustment you make, the mechanism will sometimes stick and the hairs won't actually move as far as they should, or sometimes not move at all. A few taps will generally settle the hairs to where they are supposed to be at from the last adjustment you made.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tap the turrets with the cap on or near the turrets on the tube with the handle of a screwdriver and see if that works. I do so every time I make adjustments on any scope I have ever owned. Most recently with my Evo X. It works and is just habit for me now. You will sometimes find that the bigger amount of adjustment you make, the mechanism will sometimes stick and the hairs won't actually move as far as they should, or sometimes not move at all. A few taps will generally settle the hairs to where they are supposed to be at from the last adjustment you made.
I'll try that. Right now I can turn it by hand just nothing happens. I'm afraid I stripped it or something when I used pliers to max out the height before. Stupid mistake.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Try smacking it a few times....lol... I know, it's sounds stupid but maybe it's just jammed and if you tap it a few times it might loosen it back up. If you have a warranty though, I wouldn't do anything and just use the warrant agreements and exchange it for one that works.
Haha it's not jammed. I can turn it fine. Just nothing happens when I turn it. I think I stripped it or something when I used pliers to max out the height.

·
Registered
13,347 Posts
Well then, put your feelers out here on CBN for a good used scope if that's what youre interested in. There's lots of guys here that have some or they may make you some recommendations that is in whatever priceline youre interested in. Good luck.:)

Oh! And DONT use pliars on the next one! 😝😆😆😆

·
Registered
226 Posts
That scope is probably done. Check the Marketplace or Google Wyvern take off scope. Plenty of good deals out there.
Oncebitten

·
9,028 Posts
I can't … begin to imagine what was going through your head to think you could take a pair of pliers to a precision instrument and gorilla the turret after the adjuster bottomed out? :oops: It's like glancing into the operating room of the local clinic and seeing a 24" pipe wrench hanging on the wall. 😂 It's an incongruous visual; the two simply don't go together. An expensive lesson. Ask next time. There are no bad questions other than the ones we leave unsaid. ;)

·
Registered
10,897 Posts
Here is a Ravin take off from Wyvern. It is a much better scope than the one you broke.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts