Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new Hawke 1.5x32 ir sr and I sight it in and after a couple of hours when I go to shoot again it is off by several inches low and left. I have sighted it in several times and it does not hold zero. I have this on a Horton storm rdx. I had the bow checked over and it is good. Any ideas on what the problem might be??? Thanks Bill

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
Check all your screws including the ones by the trigger, if loose use blue loctite.
If no loose screws are found try another scope as the one you are shooting might be defective.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check all your screws including the ones by the trigger, if loose use blue loctite.
If no loose screws are found try another scope as the one you are shooting might be defective.
Checked all the screws and they are tight. I put a different scope on it and it seems to be working out ok. I’ll check it again tomorrow and see if it’s still holding zero. Hope this takes care of the problem. Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I went and shot my bow again this morning and it was right on the money. I believe that my new Hawke scope is defective. I contacted the seller and they are telling me they can’t do anything for 3 to 5 weeks. They won’t send me a RMA till then!!!🤬

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
Where did you buy it from and what payment method did you use?
You might need to call Hawke direct.

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
Credit card through OpticsPlanet.
I can't believe that Optics Planet told you that. They should have offered you a full refund on receipt of the scope back at the least. I have done business with them a few times but maybe no more. I always use Paypal to pay if possible as they have my back in case something like this happens.

·
Crazy Ol' Foole
2,520 Posts
Screw Optics Planet!
Go straight to Hawke. They will take care of you much faster.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can't believe that Optics Planet told you that. They should have offered you a full refund on receipt of the scope back at the least. I have done business with them a few times but maybe no more. I always use Paypal to pay if possible as they have my back in case something like this happens.
I have bought a couple of things through OpticsPlanet and never had a problem. Hawke emailed me back already and we are working out the details on sending it back.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I contacted Hawke. They walked me through several different things to see if I could get it reset. Nothing worked. Sending it back to Hawke tomorrow.

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
Defective scopes are sent out quite often. Hawke stands behind their products. I doubt that you will ever get another defective one. It is just a luck of the draw thing.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
I have a new Hawke 1.5x32 ir sr and I sight it in and after a couple of hours when I go to shoot again it is off by several inches low and left. I have sighted it in several times and it does not hold zero.
My brother-in-law had the same issue with the Hawke XB-1 that was in his Mission MX360 package he had a couple years ago - returned it to where he bought it and they replaced it. It worked fine until he sold the outfit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts