Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the picitinny scope rail and xbow barrel are not on the same level, which do you use to level the scope to the xbow? I'm guessing the barrel. Thanks.

· Registered
187 Posts
I'm not sure this answers your question or not but...

I sit my crossbow on a deadshot field pod. I lay a long level across both limbs and make sure I have the bow itself level. Then, I have the scope in the rings loose. I put one of those tiny levels on the top dial of the scope. I adjust the scope until it too is level. Then, I tighten everything down.

· Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure this answers your question or not but...

I sit my crossbow on a deadshot field pod. I lay a long level across both limbs and make sure I have the bow itself level. Then, I have the scope in the rings loose. I put one of those tiny levels on the top dial of the scope. I adjust the scope until it too is level. Then, I tighten everything down.
Thanks.

Reactions: dlist777

· Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

· Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I level to the uncocked bow string. I use a 9" torpedo level on the string (bow on gun shooting rest) when the bow string is level, I sight the scope to something plumb, lining up the vertical reticle line to the plumb line.
Thanks.

· Registered
785 Posts
What Dlist777 said.Also hang a rope/line at 20/30 yards with a weight & check vertical on your scope.

25 yards from a sofa cushion on a picnic table.

Reactions: Gwn001
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.