Crossbow Nation banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Excalibur Vortex 330, Centerpoint Sniper 370, Centerpoint Patriot 425
16,870 Posts
I just checked Bowanalee's vids on you tube. Seems he edited his last years vid a month ago. I dont know how he's doing now but he said he just went thru chemo *last year's post). Hopefully he's fine and will drop us a line one of these days.

·
Registered
wicked ridge blackhawk 360
1,017 Posts
I just checked Bowanalee's vids on you tube. Seems he edited his last years vid a month ago. I dont know how he's doing now but he said he just went thru chemo *last year's post). Hopefully he's fine and will drop us a line one of these days.
He posted back in July on GON that his last scans were clear. Haven’t seen anything since then.

Bwana, sorry for the derail.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I've owned or tried nearly every non-digital xbow scope that is available for sale as a stand-alone unit. The leupold and Zeiss models which are no longer made are the only exceptions I can think of.

The RMP has always been the standout for me. Reticle is nice and visible in lowest light conditions, it's among the lightest in weight, has simple illumination that is crisp and doesn't reflect back any red or green light, is equal to or exceeds all others I've tried in low-light performance, never any issues with it holding up to abuse or keeping zero, and I could go on and on. But perhaps the best part: It's about a third of the cost of the fancy-pants scopes that it runs circles around. It's been my go-to scope for hunting for years because I can't find a better one, despite spending a lot of time and money searching. An RMP always makes it onto my xbow for hunting season despite my best efforts. Year after year after year.

That said, I'm only addressing typical hunting situations here. For target shooting there are probably better options.

Reactions: Bwana_1

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I'd like to thank everyone for their suggestions and help, looks like I'm going to add a RMP to the stable.....maybe keep the Hawke XB30 SR for pure target and tuning.

But I'll make the switch after season here, I enjoy the late season when they're searching for food. The orange army rolls out on Saturday, so the mature buck are about to go nocturnal other than the 2nd rut....which is pretty good here, due to the doe ratio we have.

·
Registered
wicked ridge blackhawk 360
1,017 Posts
I think you’ll be well satisfied with it for hunting. If you don’t run up on one in the classifieds don’t forget about Wyvern’s.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I think you’ll be well satisfied with it for hunting. If you don’t run up on one in the classifieds don’t forget about Wyvern’s.
Dave has been my go-to guy since another member recommended him, top notch service and prices....at $129 how can you go wrong ?, heck he may even have a sale for Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts