Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new to crossbow hunting and I wanted to know was a 4- 16x44 scope to big and powerful for a centerpoint 415??

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I would say that is overkill considering the average shot on a deer is about 25 yds. Unless you intend to shoot out beyond 100 yds (which is ridiculous), it's too BIG!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I would agree that is a BIG scope.There is some great deals on some very good scopes in the Market Place right now though.Good Luck and welcome to the Nation.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
You question might get more responses if you post in a more appropriate subforum here.

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
Welcome to the CBN!

That's a long scope I'm sure and generally the magnification range ideal for close quarters xbow hunting is 2-9 maybe 10X. Much more that 10X rarely gets used in a shooting situation. You may possibly use the 16X for scouting.

I'll guess it's a single reticle optic as well? If it is it could be used on your 415 on top of an HHA to give you ranging options.

Wyvern's Ravin Take-offs are a good crossbow scope with speed compensation, stepp-less illuminated reticles and comes with rings and lens covers. And it's probably the best $250 scope you can buy for $80

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
13,224 Posts
WAY overkill IMO. For hunting purposes I'd be looking more towards a low power scope for close range shots. If youre target shooting out to 100 yards or so then the scope you mentioned along with a HHA would be fun to have. Welcome to the boards. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts