Crossbow Nation banner

41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I saw that on the pic in the old ASAP thread and thought that’s rather expensive to put a different number on every shaft. (I put TOTR and some others on Ignore because I was tired of getting alerts and seeing that thread at the top all the time).

Be nice if someone had Zombies and a spine checker to verify this.
I just checked two zombie shafts, the serial number appears to be randomly placed. The spine marked by Tapp Nation Archery. The serial numbers are not on weak or strong side, again just appears to be random.

Reactions: the Ranger

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thank you Sir!. Guess that answers that

·
Registered
233 Posts
Must have missed those post's Bob. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Looked at my year old Tapps. I see no correlation of index mark with any other feature. I think these Tapps are cut from 26.5" .001 straight Zombie Slayer carbon.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Looked at my year old Tapps. I see no correlation of index mark with any other feature. I think these Tapps are cut from 26.5" .001 straight Zombie Slayer carbon.
There was a dot placed between the in vanes during the build process

Reactions: Bowhunter57

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Jerry
Is there any correlation to label placement on the Zombie Slayer shafts and the Stiff side on the shaft ? It would be nice if Black eagle would provide this service on their Premium Shafts.Not everyone has access to the gauges needed,without spending a bundle. Thanks!
No correlation

When black Eagle used to make camx arrows they had an agreement to index

Problem is it was not accurate. I tried three times on 1800 shafts to get black eagle to index them about 80% were not correct

Victory claims their arrows are indexed but the same holds true only about 20% are correct

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thank you for the information Jerry,Greatly appreciated!

Reactions: GARY W CURTIS

·
Registered
Ventilator 175 Extreme Horton Storm. Scorpyd Velocity 165
273 Posts
18 -20% is little better than random "luck of the draw". As if we needed a better reason to purchase custom arrows for those without means to spine index their own.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Is this statement true?

The faster your bow is or the longer your shots are. The more important custom arrows are.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Is this statement true?

The faster your bow is or the longer your shots are. The more important custom arrows are.
Yes if the custom arrow are built right

There are three builders that I'm aware of that do not index properly

Now let me answer the next question

What makes my method correct and the others wrong

20 years ago I did not assume, I did not take forum advice. I reached out to physics forums, a customer with a doctorate in physics and an engineer in the golf industry with 40 years of experience working with carbon tunes

I humbled myself and listened.

There is only one accurate way to index, and that is with a RAM type tester

Farm Deer is the only person in my career that has taken the RAM process and computerized it.

If he wants he can develop the technology and sell it to manufactures. Because the only way manufactures will ever index accurately is with something like farm deer has developed

·
Registered
13,095 Posts
Is this statement true?

I will agree with Jerry to a point. I am shooting a crossbow at 435 fps and if I am going to shoot over 50 yards or so I definitely will be using Spynal Tapps to do so. But at my hunting distances I usually just shoot factory BEEs or Blood Sport Hunter arrows. I have never killed an animal at over 35 yards in my life with any bow and at that distance I can't tell the difference in POI in the arrows so I see no need to sacrifice an expensive custom arrow.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I will agree with Jerry to a point. I am shooting a crossbow at 435 fps and if I am going to shoot over 50 yards or so I definitely will be using Spynal Tapps to do so. But at my hunting distances I usually just shoot factory BEEs or Blood Sport Hunter arrows. I have never killed an animal at over 35 yards in my life with any bow and at that distance I can't tell the difference in POI in the arrows so I see no need to sacrifice an expensive custom arrow.
What you do is relax your expectation of accuracy for hunting distance, which is absolutely valid

·
Registered
KI Swat xp
58 Posts
First things first, I'm patiently waiting on my spinal taps in the mail. KI selling me my Swat xp with crap arrows does not help crossbow sales. After everyone's help on this forum I started checking into my bolt accuracy. Out of 12 bolts 4 had .010 TIR run out, three 5 to 6 TIR, and rest .001 max runout. Rigged A spine test and marked stiff sides. Re fletched to stiff side couple of the bolts and cut group in half in basement at 17 yards. Weather not permitting outdoor shooting. When seeing results made the order to SS. Life to short to shoot inaccurate weapons.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Yes if the custom arrow are built right

There are three builders that I'm aware of that do not index properly

Now let me answer the next question

What makes my method correct and the others wrong

20 years ago I did not assume, I did not take forum advice. I reached out to physics forums, a customer with a doctorate in physics and an engineer in the golf industry with 40 years of experience working with carbon tunes

I humbled myself and listened.

There is only one accurate way to index, and that is with a RAM type tester

Farm Deer is the only person in my career that has taken the RAM process and computerized it.

If he wants he can develop the technology and sell it to manufactures. Because the only way manufactures will ever index accurately is with something like farm deer has developed

And this is why I am willing to give this relatively new comer a chance.....I think he's onto something. Maybe its not a new process,but he has tweaked it to another realm...

41 - 60 of 94 Posts