Crossbow Nation banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Great points for sure Crossbow Todd..but the work these guys are doing will do will do one of two things. 1. It will verify that increased speed and energy doesn’t affect the longevity and accuracy of said arrows. Or 2. They will invent a better mousetrap (arrow) in which case it is a Win/Win right?
I'm not sure what guys are doing what work. I know FarmDeer is building arrows now and I hope he sells a million of them. The more pro crossbow initiative the better. I'm just saying that we already have crossbows shooting sub 1" groups at 100 yards. What better mouse trap do we need? Increased arrow speed and energy is easily manipulated with the components we currently have available. That's why none of this is breaking news. Industry engineers have been all over this stuff for years. If someone is concerned about increased crossbow speeds and energy effecting arrow "longevity and accuracy," and they're working on the arrow, they're focusing on the wrong part of the equation.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Can't imagine an arrow better than the four dozen Tapps I already have! I guess I better start saving up, AGAIN!
.it won't be better quality, I'm told by black eagle it will be tough as nails and I think it's going to be stiffer

Right now the zombie carbon is the stiffest shaft on the market

It's going to be a cool looking arrow

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Jerry that is rather "catchy" for a title and I could see the advertisement for your new arrow now............
"Use a Woody....anything else is just limp"
Or “They’re really stiff”.

Reactions: aporter1608

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Ok guys sit down before you read any further. If you are eating or drinking please stop

I am thinking about the logo/label having a beaver on it

·
Premium Member
3,069 Posts
Ok guys sit down before you read any further. If you are eating or drinking please stop
LOL, and here you said you had retired.
Go get 'em, Jerry.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts

I can see the commercial now; young lady dressed in camo holding her crossbow and looking into the camera stating: "If you're going to hunt with me, be sure to bring your woody".

It's late. I'm done. Lots of fun. Goodnight.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #88 (Edited)
LOL, and here you said you had retired.
Go get 'em, Jerry.
Yeah but I have had an idea for this arrow for quite a long time. It's not going to take much on my part to develop it, the technology has already been used for another purpose.

It's all about the surface layer, which is adding the durability and strength and its going to use executioner carbon as the base of the shaft.

I have always felt if the executioner was stiffer it would be as good if not better than zombie carbon.

The side benefit will be that the surface layer will allow the addition of a really cool looking design layer under the top layer because it's clear

When you guys see the shaft just remember the look is secondary, it all about the benefits of the top layer

·
Premium Member
3,069 Posts
Yeah but I have had an idea of this arrow for quite a long time. It's not going to take much on my part to develop it, the technology has already been used for another purpose.

It's all about the surface layer, which is adding the durability and strength and its going to use executioner carbon as the base of the shaft.

I have always felt if the executioner was stiffer it would be as good if not better than zombie carbon.

The side benefit will be that the surface layer will allow the addition of a really cool looking design layer under the top layer because it's clear

When you guys see the shaft just remember the look is secondary, it all about the benefits of the top layer
Looking forward to it, Jerry.
Glad to hear you are still passionate about bettering the technology.

Reactions: GARY W CURTIS

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yeah but I have had an idea of this arrow for quite a long time. It's not going to take much on my part to develop it, the technology has already been used for another purpose.

im new to all this but this thread did got me thinking, why no one is filling the inside of an arrow? is there specific reason for this?

also i saw one indoors training video here and on it one or few arrows slammed really hard side ways on the diy bag, even tho the poi was straight on

im fairly sure that this happens on most factory made targets too and assume that its the biggest reason for wearout of an shaft

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
im new to all this but this thread did got me thinking, why no one is filling the inside of an arrow? is there specific reason for this?

also i saw one indoors training video here and on it one or few arrows slammed really hard side ways on the diy bag, even tho the poi was straight on

im fairly sure that this happens on most factory made targets too and assume that its the biggest reason for wearout of an shaft
1st it would be way too heavy, though I have had an idea I may try soon

2nd would be cost

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
RAVIN R15 RAVIN R29X
363 Posts
If there is a high grade aluminum arrow shaft such as Easton X7 shafts that are stiff and would make weight? You can bet your money I would build the most precise arrows with top of the line components. Put some glass on by March Optics on a solid bridge style pic rail and a spuhr mount?... With a super tuned bow driving tacks at long range is on my agenda. Does that arrow shaft exist? maybe not....................YET!! ...I’m still hoping it will.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts