Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looks great Vital Limits! (y) Is the clear serving a nylon / monofilament-type material?
Please keep us posted on the durability as time goes on....sure looks fantastic!
Is GAS the only custom string/cable maker currently serving 100% of the string and cables for crossbows?
(Don't know whether ABB, Rogue or any other custom outfits offer the 100% served option)

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
The clear/white serving is most likely BCY Halo, which is a resin coated braided Spectra. The best end serving material going.....

·
Registered
46 Posts
The clear/white serving is most likely BCY Halo, which is a resin coated braided Spectra. The best end serving material going.....
Hi Marty,

Would putting a 1/2 twist or full twist in a 100% served GAS string or cables (to fine-tune any Scorpyd bow), be any more difficult than with the factory Scorpyd string/cables?

I keep having visions of the string or cables "kinking-up" slightly when completely served. Probably just my imagination! Those GAS strings sure look awesome and durable!

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Hi Marty,

Would putting a 1/2 twist or full twist in a 100% served GAS string or cables (to fine-tune any Scorpyd bow), be any more difficult than with the factory Scorpyd string/cables?

I keep having visions of the string or cables "kinking-up" slightly when completely served. Probably just my imagination! Those GAS strings sure look awesome and durable!
If it's entirely served the string won't kink because the servings will keep it compressed but if it's a normal set and it kinks up while your adding twists, once you put it on the bow, under tension, it will pull out.

·
Vendor
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cable slide is there, probably becasue of pic angle it may be hard to see. The Bow from what I was told was a more recent purchase..

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Cable slide is there, probably becasue of pic angle it may be hard to see. The Bow from what I was told was a more recent purchase..
I see it in there. It does look like it's the older style slide. When I first looked at the pic I just picked up on it because I was used to seeing the newer style on the Aculeus.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If it's entirely served the string won't kink because the servings will keep it compressed but if it's a normal set and it kinks up while your adding twists, once you put it on the bow, under tension, it will pull out.
Another detail I appreciate about my Scorpyd is the depth and width of the string grove on the perimeter of the cams. Even with these fully-served, thicker GAS strings/cables, these pics from Vital Limits show that the string is not visible when looking straight down on the cams from above.

I saw a few pics of a Mission Sub-1 with a new set of GAS string/cables. When looking straight down on cams from above, fully 1/2 the thickness of the string extended outside of the edge of the cams.

Easier to get a string nick, abrasion or possibly even have the string "jump the track" on the shot due to not being fully-contained within the track.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts