Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can you buy a Scorpyd cable slide that crosses in the middle? Dave (wyverns) doesn’t have them, Scorpyd won’t sell them. Does anyone have one laying around they want to get rid of?

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
I have a spare but since I have one on my Deathstalker, I’m not going to part with it for the very reason you just stated.

Send Burky247365 a PM, he might have some spares or even one that he made.

Reactions: Ironminer

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Where can you buy a Scorpyd cable slide that crosses in the middle? Dave (wyverns) doesn’t have them, Scorpyd won’t sell them. Does anyone have one laying around they want to get rid of?
Scorpyd won't even sell a cable slide? Not good!

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Why did Scorpyd stop selling them? They were listed in the online store not long ago.
I'm looking for a back up bow right and and wanting an older Scorpyd,but not being able to buy parts that could wear out or break is making me think about something else......Are they trying to run off customers??? Are we going to have to buy bows just for share parts???

Reactions: vett and Ironminer

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
My text said "Insurance regulations" and, that was the last straw.
Even though I just bought this one not long ago.lol Truth be told every hunting season with the xbow left cocked so much I"d get a cable serving separation and, all I wanted to do is eliminate that from ever happening again. Tim had made me one a few years back and, it totally fixed that. So common sense made me want to put them on all my xbows. Well it took heaven and earth to get just one. The $ sales lost by them through the years is a monumental #.imho
We should be able to buy whatever parts we want at anytime we want. Extra spare limbs for sure too as you can with say Excalibur. Honestly I think the clamp down has everything to do with Tim Burky. But he can make them anyway.lol So who's winning the peeing contest Rex?lol
thumbnail (12).jpg

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Really, cant get a cable slide? Wow.

They probably want the bow sent in to get a cable slide installed.
Exactly. They will replace it if you send bow in. They MIGHT send you one if you send them a picture of a broken one. But to buy one for a spare.... ain’t happening.
Wyverns is a no go also. Sent a message to Tapp-Nation, crickets. So I suspect that’s a no also.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I have been a very happy Scorpyd customer, but when the time comes that you cannot purchase a cable slide.....What's the deal?? They will sell you a nice baseball cap, including their advertising, for $40.00.

Maybe it is time to look elsewhere for future purchases. I hate it, going by way of Buick, Pontiac, Studebaker, etc. Unhappy customers don't come back.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have been a very happy Scorpyd customer, but when the time comes that you cannot purchase a cable slide.....What's the deal?? They will sell you a nice baseball cap, including their advertising, for $40.00.

Maybe it is time to look elsewhere for future purchases. I hate it, going by way of Buick, Pontiac, Studebaker, etc. Unhappy customers don't come back.
Haha, maybe I should buy a tee-shirt from them and see if they’ll throw in a “free” cable slide!

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
PM Tim Burky.

Reactions: SEW and Ironminer

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
If Rex wants to make the rule all bows go back for parts,then maybe he should furnish shipping labels,to/from!

Reactions: vett and Ironminer

·
Registered
378 Posts
My text said "Insurance regulations" and, that was the last straw.
Even though I just bought this one not long ago.lol Truth be told every hunting season with the xbow left cocked so much I"d get a cable serving separation and, all I wanted to do is eliminate that from ever happening again. Tim had made me one a few years back and, it totally fixed that. So common sense made me want to put them on all my xbows. Well it took heaven and earth to get just one. The $ sales lost by them through the years is a monumental #.imho
We should be able to buy whatever parts we want at anytime we want. Extra spare limbs for sure too as you can with say Excalibur. Honestly I think the clamp down has everything to do with Tim Burky. But he can make them anyway.lol So who's winning the peeing contest Rex?lol View attachment 184980
Here is my reply from Scorpyd when I ordered ten awhile back.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
It would be nice to have a
Exactly. They will replace it if you send bow in. They MIGHT send you one if you send them a picture of a broken one. But to buy one for a spare.... ain’t happening.
Wyverns is a no go also. Sent a message to Tapp-Nation, crickets. So I suspect that’s a no also.
So if your cable slide fails during hunting season your up sh??? creek without a paddle for a couple of days possibly a week or more Doesn't make sense to me. Something so simple and good to have around for reassurance.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Yeah this is the stupidest thing i ever heard !!
That cable slide is used in the nemesis which by the way has the same barrel as the Aculeus , Orion , ventilator , velocity , Vtec . so how is it modifying if it fits right in , it is a plug and play part .
It is also used in The DS .
I mean the part was $ 10.00 or something and shipping was like $12.00.
I guess they do not want any more $$$$$ they must have enough !!!!
And to use the insurance ploy is just a cop out , if not time for a new insurance company .
heck most other manufacturers sell cable slides , arrow retention arms and or brushes ,
crank cockers , and whatever else !!
I just do not get it !!

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Rock i returned your PM .

Reactions: Ironminer
1 - 20 of 97 Posts