Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
What advantages would the Aculeus have over the DS. I'm considering it as well. I know it's much higher in price but are there $600 worth of advantages?
I picked up my first Xbow a couple months ago; an Aculeus 175. I'm an avid bowhunter since early teens. Everyone steered me to the Aculeus. That bow is amazing. Accuracy and power are impressive. I shoot 500 grain arrows and killed 3 large deer with it in January. All died within sight and only 1 arrow made it out of 3 and only 1 BH made it. The others broke as I shot for shoulders but away from knuckle.

·
Registered
137 Posts
You need to do a lot of research before you buy a DS. If you do buy, get a new one. Stay far away from the older ones, especially the originals.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks for all the input. I will make up my mind on which direction I should go.
Who has the best prices for the Aculeus and DS?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks for all the input. I will make up my mind on which direction I should go.
Who has the best prices for the Aculeus and DS?
You best options are on here and AT. There was just some unshot/almost new DS for sale on here. I got my Aculeus on AT and it was spotless. You'll save a few hundred as well.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
I don't have a DS but I have 2 Aculeus. They are not as narrow and heavier than a DS but weight doesn't bother me. Depending on draw weight they are faster. Accuracy is too notch on Aculeus.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I did have to polish one latch on my DS 420, took me about 15 min to do and it really helps if you know how to tune the string and cables correctly. I watched a video that Burky made when I installed Marty's string and cables and it was easy to tune and has not moved since. :)
Do you know where i can find that video?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I don't have a DS but I have 2 Aculeus. They are not as narrow and heavier than a DS but weight doesn't bother me. Depending on draw weight they are faster. Accuracy is too notch on Aculeus.
If you have two, does that make them Aculei ? Just wondering.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts