Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hawke is what I have. The illumination recital helps for early morning or later afternoon. Had speed dial.
Ordered from Wyveryn Creations. He has great prices. Only sells crossbows and accessories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,753 Posts
I have Hawke scopes on both of my Scorpyds and I havnt had any issues with neither the XB1 or the XB30 compact 2-8x36. You will only need the XB1 for the DS.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Sig Red Dot...I bought a bare bow....

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
The problem with the Hawk or other crossbow scopes is with the faster crossbows you have to have the power turned up for the hash mark's to work out. High power and close shooting dont go hand in hand. I'd sooner use a red dot or rifle scope on a lower power.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

·
Registered
356 Posts
I am an other one for Hawk scope I have the XB Pro 30 1-5 on the 450FPS setting which is 5x I am still able to see deer just fine at 26 yard. With the death stocker just add some weight to the arrow and you could slow it down to have less magnification.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I could be wrong here but wouldn't the center cross hair be the same at any power? If the scope was zeroed at 20 and the target was 20-25 even 30, couldn't you just turn the scope power down and still be good. I realize the hash marks will not be correct for the farther distances but the center cross hairs should still be accurate.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I could be wrong here but wouldn't the center cross hair be the same at any power? If the scope was zeroed at 20 and the target was 20-25 even 30, couldn't you just turn the scope power down and still be good. I realize the hash marks will not be correct for the farther distances but the center cross hairs should still be accurate.
Muffin,
If I remember correctly that is correct.

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,753 Posts
That is correct and also with the high power crossbows you can tune the center crosshair in to 30 yards and aim slightly low for 20 yards and slightly high for 40 yards with the power (magnification) turned down.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
i prefer the newer un compressed reticle of the compact models. Hate the older xb30 pro.

I just wish they bring the opitcs up to par on these compact models.

Try aiming at 35 yrds withat xb30 pro set at 450 f.p.s

Reactions: Yelpy
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.