Have you tried to call Rex at Scorpyd?

·
Registered
2,889 Posts

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
They said I have to Send it in to them. PITA
Scorpyd isn't selling any parts anymore. In order to get the part you need replaced you have to send the whole bow back. What was wrong with the cam anyhow? Just curious...

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I thought Jerry was handling warranty work on all but the Nemesis now....

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Reactions: Marcee

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
The nipple the loop goes around sheered off.
I've had that happen to me before with a SAS Authority crossbow. The cams were die cast metal though. The string popped them off on both cams ! It was a metalic storm of aluminum swirling around my eyes that criss crossed and went flying past each side of my head at eye level ! I heard the humming and whistling of the particles as they were spinning...lol. scared the daylights out of me....there was just a big pop whiz sound and then the particles seemed like they were stuck in time as they spun and whizzed in a circular motion right before my eyes then crisscrossed zinging past my eyes..
The string flew back and hit me in the mouth. I had a little piece of aluminum stuck in my upper lip that took forever to work it's way out. I have pictures of the aftermath in my phone somewhere.

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
I believe it happened because the arrows were to light. It was my first high powered crossbow and it was before I joined this forum and knew anything about all of this so, I didn't weigh the arrows I was shooting.

·
Registered
243 Posts
The nipple the loop goes around sheered off.
I run scorpyds warranty and non warranty repairs

You can send it in when you are ready to have it repaired

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Shipping directly from a UPS freight terminal is much cheaper than taking it to a UPS store or, the USPS. Maybe $30 w/1000 insurance depending on distance too. That's with you having it all boxed up and, ready to go too. At least that's ~ the # I've paid in the past. I went to the UPS store once and, they wanted $80. Frig that.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
That's the first I ever heard of that happening.
I wonder if they used "MIM" parts to save a few $'s on those? I sure wouldn't want a "MIM" cam on my xbow. I guess that's a fact checker ? for Jerry to find out for us.
Jerry can you find out the facts for us?

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Shipping directly from a UPS freight terminal is much cheaper than taking it to a UPS store or, the USPS. Maybe $30 w/1000 insurance depending on distance too. That's with you having it all boxed up and, ready to go too. At least that's ~ the # I've paid in the past. I went to the UPS store once and, they wanted $80. Frig that.
And the price has gone up since than.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts