Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Thanks everyone, I'll try not be an over waxer!!
Here is how i know when to wax my center serving .
While you are shooting or after you shoot ,look at the end of the barrel and right where the string is ,at rest , there will be a bunch of wax build up in front and behind the string on the top of barrel . you will get some build up there , but it should not be excessive . if it is excessive then you are a over waxer ,LOL.
Keep that area wiped down after every shooting session , eventually it will go away ( the build up ) slightly after it does then wax the serving again .
The end of the barrel is where the string moves back and forth after the shot and wax comes out of the serving in that area ,more than anywhere on the bow , so in wrapping this up , when the wax is not building there , then there is no wax on your serving . Wax it .
Make sense ?

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Reactions: ApexerER

·
Vendor
1,545 Posts
Sews Aculeus string was saturated with wax throughout serving and string and got 1100 shots with no wear or separation . Very confusing and contradicting advice to new people for sure. Lol. It seems servings are like bullets. What my rifle shoots sub moa, your same caliber may shoot 4 inch groups with my ammo!
You are correct! When I took the old serving off it was very tight with no signs of even beginning to come loose. It was completely saturated with poly bowstring fluid and there was wax on the fibers.

If everyone took care of their center serving like sew there would be a lot less talk on forums about failed serving

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's 16 1/2" not sure about the distance of the timing holes from the limbs though...thats the main thing you want to make sure is correct and as long as the ATA is matched up with that your good to go...its okay to go wider but if it's narrower, reset everything !

·
Vendor
1,545 Posts
Anyone know what the ATA measurement for a Deathstalker 400? Thank You
DEATHSTALKER 380

380 FPS (Speeds based on 375gr arrow)
17 1/2" Axle to Axle Uncocked
10 3/4" Axle to Axle Cocked
32 1/2” Length
17 1/4” Powerstroke
6.2 LBS weight without accessories

There isnt any info on Scorpyds site for a deathstalker 400

NEW DEATHSTALKER 420

420 FPS (Speeds based on 370gr arrow)
16 1/2" Axle to Axle Uncocked
9 1/2" Axle to Axle Cocked
32 1/2” Length
17 1/4” Powerstroke
6.2 LBS weight without accessories

ACULEUS FEATURES

• Patented Reverse Draw Technology
  • New Kempf-Tec Sear Lock Trigger System (PATENTED)
  • 18 1/2″ Power Stroke
  • 12 7/8″ axle to axle when cocked
  • 34 1/2″ overall length without butt pad
  • 7.5# mass weight without
NEMESIS FEATURES

• Patented Reverse Draw Technology
  • Patented Inverted Cam Technology
  • Sear-LOC Trigger System(Patented)
  • Patent Pending Adjustable Trigger(Patented)
  • 15.9″ axle to axle uncocked
  • 8.9″ axle to axle cocked
  • 7.0# mass weight without accessories

21 - 32 of 32 Posts