Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am debating shooting an ASA event in the crossbow class and was wondering if anyone has put lower poundage limbs to meet ASA speed limit of 330. My 140 Nemesis is shooting over 400 with 435 gr arrow. Has anyone else tried this?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know if I can make one heavy enough to get it down to 330fps and keep it decently flat shooting.

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,327 Posts
Get with Brian Miller here on the boards, he does this alot with the competitions...

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,327 Posts
That's it.... Brian Miller or it might be Bmiller

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Longer string and cables from Marty would help tame it down. And shoot a heavier arrow.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just saw where Mathews is paying big money 1. $5000.00 2. $3000 and 3. $1000 at the ASA shoots- I may have to trade me up a mission:rolleyes:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They are, taking home the big checks is easier said than done. Trying Hard Archer on here is a Mission factory guy. He has collected his share of them.
No doubt it would be, but hey you can't win any money if you don't the right bow.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
The Nemesis limbs are pinned differently to the riser than the standard set up. You'd have to call Rex directly on that one. I know Scorpyd has some guys out there with low pounder Death Stalkers. 90lb limbs was the ticket.

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
Man I hate to tame this bad boy but if I have to I will :)
You have the 480 right ? Well, I have good news for you. All you need to do is adjust the uncocked ATA to 16 1/4" and for your cocked ATA it's best to measure to see where it's at right now and let it out by 3/16". It will probably be somewhere around 8 5/8", take it to 8 3/4" and your set ! It won't slow it down that much and your strings center serving issue will disappear.
The original factory setting for the ATA's were, 16 1/8"
8 5/8"
This will get you the top speed within the safety gap..

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
The Nemesis limbs are pinned differently to the riser than the standard set up. You'd have to call Rex directly on that one. I know Scorpyd has some guys out there with low pounder Death Stalkers. 90lb limbs was the ticket.
What limbs are pinned to the riser differently, than the standard ? What's the standard ?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You have the 480 right ? Well, I have good news for you. All you need to do is adjust the uncocked ATA to 16 1/4" and for your cocked ATA it's best to measure to see where it's at right now and let it out by 3/16". It will probably be somewhere around 8 5/8", take it to 8 3/4" and your set ! It won't slow it down that much and your strings center serving issue will disappear.
The original factory setting for the ATA's were, 16 1/8"
8 5/8"
This will get you the top speed within the safety gap..
I have the 420 model- And do not have a string issue. My problem with trying to shoot it for ASA speed of 330 is I have to shave 70 fps off this thing. I'm probably going to try and find a Mission Sub not only for the payout in case by small chance I would win anything but also because the poundage of the limbs is adjustable so you can dial in the speed.

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
I have the 420 model- And do not have a string issue. My problem with trying to shoot it for ASA speed of 330 is I have to shave 70 fps off this thing. I'm probably going to try and find a Mission Sub not only for the payout in case by small chance I would win anything but also because the poundage of the limbs is adjustable so you can dial in the speed.
Why don't you just go with a longer set of cables and string ? The trick is getting the lengths to match up to retain the same cam rotation. I could help you with this. It would be alot cheaper than buying a new bow.....?

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
The Nemesis is the only bow that doesn't have one limb bolt going through the center of the limb into the riser
Gotcha, I was thinking I missed something.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts