Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market to buy a new crossbow but undecided Ten Point Vapor RS470 or Scorpyd Nemesis 480 the difference between them is with a 400 grain bolt the T.P. goes 460fps and the Scorpyd 465fps what does every one think?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Saw a ton of issues posted on string and cables on that type of new 5 string and cable ten points the last year or so the forward and reverse style... Much more so than serving issues on the scorpyd.. Ten point is claiming the new vapor and vipers have 1000 shots and no issues only time will tell... If ten points claim is true they will be very good but until they are in people's hands the truth lies somewhere we don't know

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
Until vapor has been out and shot no way to know. Nemisis is a no for me with its string problems and not shooting to adv. speeds. Scorpyd not recalling it gives them the same black eye as ki ripper. These companies need to be held responsible ,customer loyalty is great but not to the detriment of the buyer.

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
Until vapor has been out and shot no way to know. Nemisis is a no for me with its string problems and not shooting to adv. speeds. Scorpyd not recalling it gives them the same black eye as ki ripper. These companies need to be held responsible ,customer loyalty is great but not to the detriment of the buyer.
I agree with HT. The Nemesis is more than a one off with it's center serving issues and there seems to be excessive downward bowstring pressure on the shooting rail. Some of the fixes I've read on CBN requires excessive waxing on the center serving. That would be a no go for me.

Unknowns on the Vapor until it's released. Vapor does look cool but cool doesn't account for much until it's out in the market. However, TenPoint is a leading Xbow builder and seems to do a fine job meeting the masses needs. I wouldn't say all their Xbows are perfect but they seem to do a great job overall and they have exceptional customer service.

Does Vapor come with synthetic shooting rail? Not a fan of synthetic rails.

With hunting season basically over you have time to evaluate. These are premium priced Xbows. I'm sure you will find something that impress and could be one of these Xbows. Good luck and continue to do your homework.

Reactions: Huntersthompson
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.