Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.instagram.com/p/B6jVDu1p7Bt/?igshid=hgflb4ap4qfh

I had some preconceived notions about the two bows, and in my mind, I want to put them to rest. I took Jerry’s Nemesis and my Aculeus out and started shooting spots at 20 yards using the Vegas 300 target. This weekend, I think I am going to shoot a 300 round alternating between bows. I am going to score all shots and keep track between the bows. The little bit I shot tonight, my scores are identical. This should be fun and enlightening. BTW Jerry, you are going to love this little bow!

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
https://www.instagram.com/p/B6jVDu1p7Bt/?igshid=hgflb4ap4qfh

I had some preconceived notions about the two bows, and in my mind, I want to put them to rest. I took Jerry’s Nemesis and my Aculeus out and started shooting spots at 20 yards using the Vegas 300 target. This weekend, I think I am going to shoot a 300 round alternating between bows. I am going to score all shots and keep track between the bows. The little bit I shot tonight, my scores are identical. This should be fun and enlightening. BTW Jerry, you are going to love this little bow!
Looking forward to the results! Have fun......

Reactions: lsowers and bmiller

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very interested in this. The bows look great, I need something like that to make my Nemesis shorter to fit in case better and get a good cheek weld. Nice work!
Jerry’s Nemesis is on the left. It has a cheap eBay adjustable stock I had laying around on it. I printed a slimmer butt pad and I have it fitted to me perfectly. My bow has the Luth stock on it, it also fits me perfectly, but at 4x the cost.

This is the replacement recoil pad.
Photography

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm running the Luth on two AR's now and like it. When shortened up is it any shorter than the stock Nemesis? Received the grips today also. Thanks, Scott.
With the Luth, it could be about 1/4” shorter. The eBay stock is the same. My little girl is going to go out archery hunting with me next year. I am going to shorten a cheap buffer tube and use the eBay stock. I will be able to shorten the length of pull by almost 1 1/2” or more. I am also going to rig a steady cam mount for her. It will be mounted to our stand not a chest rig.
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/04/04/steadicam-third-arm/

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
No folding stocks yet? Jerry's getting too old to lean over to cock that xbow.lol What's the weight difference between factory and, your stock/foregrip setups?
I do think this setup may work even before it hits the limb. :

·
Vendor
1,617 Posts
No folding stocks yet? Jerry's getting too old to lean over to cock that xbow.lol What's the weight difference between factory and, your stock/foregrip setups?
I do think this setup may work even before it hits the limb. :
Dont give Brian anymore ideas I will never get the bow back

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
This weekend, I think I am going to shoot a 300 round alternating between bows. I am going to score all shots and keep track between the bows.
How are you shooting the crossbows for the comparison test - off hand, from a Fieldpod, or from a bench with solid rests?

1 - 20 of 167 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.