Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!
I have a generation one RDT 125. I bought it new from Wyvern Creations and it is in excellent shape. I think it was in 2010.
It is topped it with a illuminated Ten Point scope, has a sling, three arrow quiver, and soft case. I will have to check on scope model, It has different levels of red or green brightness.
Bow probably has less than 300 shots through it.
It still looks new and performs flawlessly, it’s just time for an upgrade.

What do you guys think Is a fair asking price for the gen 1 RDT 125?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Fyi there is one listed on Ebay now. If it were me I would list it in the $400-500 range.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for the delay in pics and answers.
I am a new non paying member here at the moment and this forum keeps giving me add pop ups that stops me from posting.
I’m using my iPhone and don’t have troubles elsewhere.?

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
I don’t believe so.
With it's age that xbow is a ticking time bomb. Someday soon when someone is using that xbow one of those axles are going to come out of it's limb and, those limbs aren't locked into the riser nor held by a cable puck and, will become free flying projectiles of mass destruction. If your in the way when it happens you have a chance of being impaled. You would think they would travel to the front of the xbow but 5 or, 7 o'clock depending on which limb side is the direction they will go faster than you can see them. I only know this direction because several days later a neighbor from where it happened found the limbs under his deck 60 yds away. We looked for hours for those limbs too in all directions. Scorpyd has limbs with sex bolts in them for those xbows or, maybe they would be willing to put some in those limbs.
Just a safety FYI.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With it's age that xbow is a ticking time bomb. Someday soon when someone is using that xbow one of those axles are going to come out of it's limb and, those limbs aren't locked into the riser nor held by a cable puck and, will become free flying projectiles of mass destruction. If your in the way when it happens you have a chance of being impaled. You would think they would travel to the front of the xbow but 5 or, 7 o'clock depending on which limb side is the direction they will go faster than you can see them. I only know this direction because several days later a neighbor from where it happened found the limbs under his deck 60 yds away. We looked for hours for those limbs too in all directions. Scorpyd has limbs with sex bolts in them for those xbows or, maybe they would be willing to put some in those limbs.
Just a safety FYI.
Thanks for the information!
I have lurked on here from time to time and never heard of such a thing.
Was their ever a bulletin or recall that you know of?
I would assume if it is a known issue across the board they would have reached out to owners.?
I will contact Scorpyd ASAP for direction.

·
1,318 Posts
Just a safety FYI.

Fake news!! Lol

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Thanks for the information!
I have lurked on here from time to time and never heard of such a thing.
Was their ever a bulletin or recall that you know of?
I would assume if it is a known issue across the board they would have reached out to owners.?
I will contact Scorpyd ASAP for direction.
There's no recall. Everytime someone on the forums has mentioned they had one of these I sent them a PM to get them taken care of before that happens.

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
I believe it and there are definitely no sex bolts in place on those limbs. My Scorpyd limbs all had them.

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Operator error... :)
Your just a regular dumbass aren't you? Blow the pic up and, you'll see the string is cocked with a arrow on the deck and, BAM! 2 limbs flying through the air faster than you can ever see them. If your in the way just expect them poking out of your spinal cord.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There's no recall. Everytime someone on the forums has mentioned they had one of these I sent them a PM to get them taken care of before that happens.
Thanks for the info Tom!
Do you know if Scorpyd fixes these xbows to prevent what happened to your friends bow?

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Thanks for the info Tom!
Do you know if Scorpyd fixes these xbows to prevent what happened to your friends bow?
Thanks for the info Tom!
I believe if you call Rex you'll get somewhere. I'm not sure what their doing lately because many things have changed with them. Jerry @ SSA could even be the one that would fix it? Let us know how you make out after you make some calls.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I believe if you call Rex you'll get somewhere. I'm not sure what their doing lately because many things have changed with them. Jerry @ SSA could even be the one that would fix it? Let us know how you make out after you make some calls.
I will let you all know.
I tried to call today with no answer.
I ended up sending an email to a guy named Andy.
Do you or anyone else have a direct line to Rex?

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
I will let you all know.
I tried to call today with no answer.
I ended up sending an email to a guy named Andy.
Do you or anyone else have a direct line to Rex?
Try Jerry at Tapp Nation! He is doing Scorpyds warrenty work now and may have some answers for you. Great guy! 813-545-0754

1 - 20 of 21 Posts