Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While at BPS the other day looking at crossbows (just killing time), I noticed the rubber tips on a Ten Point Horton Storm to be cracked. They did not feel dry rotted but that was the look that it had. So, my question is: Is there any type of lube that needs to be placed on them to prevent this cracking? My SDS is only about a year old and I feel like it keep my stuff well maintained. However, I do not want this to happen to my stuff if it can be prevented. Comments...…

·
TenPoint Representative
2,431 Posts
While at BPS the other day looking at crossbows (just killing time), I noticed the rubber tips on a Ten Point Horton Storm to be cracked. They did not feel dry rotted but that was the look that it had.…
You will sometimes see swirl marks in the SDS rubber stop that happens during the molding process. This does not mean they are dry rotted.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will sometimes see swirl marks in the SDS rubber stop that happens during the molding process. This does not mean they are dry rotted.
Yes, I understand the swirl marks as I have seen those before. No concern there. I wish I had a picture of the tips that I saw. They had multiple cracks but were still intact. Maybe they just had been abused as it was on a show room bow. As I stated earlier, my SDS tips are in great shape and I trust and believe in this system.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
While at BPS the other day looking at crossbows (just killing time), I noticed the rubber tips on a Ten Point Horton Storm to be cracked. They did not feel dry rotted but that was the look that it had. So, my question is: Is there any type of lube that needs to be placed on them to prevent this cracking? My SDS is only about a year old and I feel like it keep my stuff well maintained. However, I do not want this to happen to my stuff if it can be prevented. Comments...…
The tips on my Storm SDS started to crack about a year after I bought it. TP replaced them free of charge. Don't know how old yours are.

Reactions: Heath423
1 - 4 of 4 Posts