Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have really enjoyed reading all the posts from happy Tremor owners.

Just have one question:

"Should I expect a higher level of performance, accuracy, reliability or durability from a Tremor over my current Aculeus?"

·
Registered
Deathstalker 380 Spynal Tapps Rage Hypodermics
385 Posts
When I saw that today in the classifieds I wanted it instantly....still thinking about it, but I think my next bow will be purchased new so I have a warranty to fall back on if anything happens. The downside to some warranties though is having to PAY to ship the bow back to the Mfgr or authourized warranty center in a different State. Shipping rates are just about ridiculous now....

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
When I saw that today in the classifieds I wanted it instantly....still thinking about it, but I think my next bow will be purchased new so I have a warranty to fall back on if anything happens. The downside to some warranties though is having to PAY to ship the bow back to the Mfgr or authourized warranty center in a different State. Shipping rates are just about ridiculous now....
Shipping rates sure are high unless you have a business.

·
Registered
231 Posts
If a limb were to break, what would be the repair cost if you did not have a warranty?

·
Registered
486 Posts
I also had a limb break on mine last Saturday while resting in my sled. Scared the crap out of me. Scorpyd took care of me and I sent it to Jerry who fixed it and just received it back today like new. I did elect to go with the 180 limbs though. I have heard out of the hundreds sold, only 2-3 had limbs snap so far. Mine had less than 50 shots.
Camera Bicycle handlebar Tripod Optical instrument Camera accessory

·
Registered
567 Posts
I also had a limb break on mine last Saturday while resting in my sled. Scared the crap out of me. Scorpyd took care of me and I sent it to Jerry who fixed it and just received it back today like new. I did elect to go with the 180 limbs though. I have heard out of the hundreds sold, only 2-3 had limbs snap so far. Mine had less than 50 shots. View attachment 208884
Wow...that sucks. I am glad you're back in business though.

Strange how things work out sometimes... what were the chances that 2/2 or 2/3 of the limb failures on these bows would happen to be members on this forum.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
The 180's are more durable and I think more flexible. That is why I had them put the 180's on mine too. I haven't seen many if any 180's go bad on a Scorpyd. Its pretty rare.

I can't speak for the Deathstalker limbs though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I also had a limb break on mine last Saturday while resting in my sled. Scared the crap out of me. Scorpyd took care of me and I sent it to Jerry who fixed it and just received it back today like new. I did elect to go with the 180 limbs though. I have heard out of the hundreds sold, only 2-3 had limbs snap so far. Mine had less than 50 shots. View attachment 208884
How are you liking that sig scope?

·
Retired
1,377 Posts
If you don't have a warranty limbs are 225, labor is 70.00 then add in shipping

If you guys will remove the butt stock and put the foregrip back on to protect the trigger and go with the smallest box the bow will fit it will cut shipping cost in half

I think there has been 3 or 4 sets of tremor limbs has issues. Rex says they have shipped a few 100 bows

The limbs are the same limbs scorpyd has used for many years so I don't see this becoming a big issue

I have always suggested that anytime anyone buys a scorpyd always go with 1 step down on limb deflection

The tremor 420 has 180 limbs which are the equivalent of the 160 bows scorpyd has sold for many years. The 160s and 135s just don't break

You should shoot 400ish with the 420

But even the heavy limbs don't break often. I have repaired close to 500 bows and no more than 15% was warranty.

·
Registered
231 Posts
JerryR
Thanks for posting the limb replacement cost. If a guy bought a used bow for $600 less than new, he could "self insure" limb replacement and still be money ahead.
It's also reassuring to know the 135s and 160s "just don't break" (y)
Are there any past Scorpyd models that are "not repairable" due to parts no longer available?
As in models to avoid? I am thinking I can't own just one :devilish:
After limbs, and string & cable replacement, what is most common thing(s) you have to repair?
I am just wondering, What else can go wrong?
What percent of your repairs are limb replacement?

·
Registered
486 Posts
How are you liking that sig scope?
I liked it a lot, was very accurate, but recently sold it and got the Huskemaw, which is really nice. I didn't want to worry about batteries and bluetooth synching up, etc. Also, the glass was ok, but nothing like the Huskemaw. I'm strictly a hunter, so need good light through dusk.

·
Retired
1,377 Posts
JerryR
Thanks for posting the limb replacement cost. If a guy bought a used bow for $600 less than new, he could "self insure" limb replacement and still be money ahead.
It's also reassuring to know the 135s and 160s "just don't break" (y)
Are there any past Scorpyd models that are "not repairable" due to parts no longer available?
As in models to avoid? I am thinking I can't own just one :devilish:
After limbs, and string & cable replacement, what is most common thing(s) you have to repair?
I am just wondering, What else can go wrong?
What percent of your repairs are limb replacement?
Any bow prior to the Ventilator and Orion are getting short on parts, there are no limbs available for the telson

1 - 20 of 32 Posts